Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
    Images

Cost to Ship a 46 to 50 Foot Sport Fisher East Coast to West Coast

I currently have a 1978 Hatteras 46C in great condition , but it has a down galley and two state rooms we have always wanted an up galley and three staterooms so I am looking for a 46 to 50 Sportfisher with these amenities. Not much here on the west coast and a lot more on the east coast so I was wondering if anyone has shipped a similar Yacht from the east to the west and what the costs and issued are?

Thanks
    Chuck

Re: Cost to Ship a 46 to 50 Foot Sport Fisher East Coast to West Coast

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd View Post
    i currently have a 1978 hatteras 46c in great condition , but it has a down galley and two state rooms we have always wanted an up galley and three staterooms so i am looking for a 46 to 50 sportfisher with these amenities. Not much here on the west coast and a lot more on the east coast so i was wondering if anyone has shipped a similar yacht from the east to the west and what the costs and issued are?

Thanks
    chuck
    a lot. $$$

I had a customer ship a 53 westport to Australia for under $50k if memory serves
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckd View Post
    I currently have a 1978 Hatteras 46C in great condition , but it has a down galley and two state rooms we have always wanted an up galley and three staterooms so I am looking for a 46 to 50 Sportfisher with these amenities. Not much here on the west coast and a lot more on the east coast so I was wondering if anyone has shipped a similar Yacht from the east to the west and what the costs and issued are?ThanksChuck
    http://www.sevenstar-yacht-transport...stback1476=1Or were you thinking of trucking it?
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

53 Hatteras motoryacht Ft. Lauderdale to Ensenada $35,000 2 years ago. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Images

Thanks I assume a Sportfish of nearly the same size would be the same. So I guess it really is not doable at a reasonable cost. I had read a comment on another blog where they stated it was $20,000 from Ft Lauderdale to Mexico the boat was a 48 foot trawler.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post

From what I read a boat the size I am looking for is too wide and high.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckd View Post
    From what I read a boat the size I am looking for is too wide and high.Thanks
    They trucked it from High Point to New Bern and installed the bridge before launching when new. Special permitting required and bridge removed. In some cases boat may be canted to reduce width as long as height limit is not exceeded.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

IIRC Hatteras had special permits in those days to move boats from High Point to NB. I don't know if you could do that, now. I suppose if you paid all those permits...

This comes up from time to time. Is it true that most of the height issues are East of the Mississippi and that if you can get West of it, the height problems aren't as much of an issue? I thought I recalled hearing that a few years ago, but not why.