Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prop Specs?

Prop Specs?

I'm trying to get the specs for the props on my 46 Hatteras but am having no joy when I Google the numbers that are stamped into the hubs. I'm not sure if they are part #'s, serial #'s or ??? They are the only numbers that I could find on the props. Is it possible to get the specs based on these?
    Starboard_Prop.jpgPort_Prop.jpg

Re: Prop Specs?

Look at the hub between the blades. Should be a number(the diameter) then an (x) then another two digit number (the pitch)

Ok, I never thought to look there. In this picture I can see what appears to be some numbers between the blades. Just can't quite make them out though.

20170122_173543.jpg

Guess I'll have to wait until I'm back at the boat this weekend.

Thanks. At least I know where to look now.
    Last edited by Play'N Hooky Too; 08-15-2017 at 11:31 PM.

Take a small brush or wire brush to clean the area sometimes this helps to see the numbers. If the prop is very old you may never be able to read them. You might also try some of the prop makers like Michigan Wheel and give them the other set of numbers that are there and they may be able to convert them to a dia and pitch. This does not guarantee that they have not been repitched at some time. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.