Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Vertical pump A/C losing prime! Solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Gusshr View Post
    Attachment 23123

Attachment 23124

Ok, attached are two pictures one taken from top showing the seacock, the filter, the pump and the the T valve. Theother one is from aft looking forward. Any suggestion of whats wrong?

The highest area is the 90 degrees elbow above the seacock.
    I have the same pump supplying cooling sea water to a eskimo ice maker. I had the same problem with the pump. I Purchased a new one same problem. I got a wild hare and took it off took it apart and cleaned it
    as best as i could. It had small grains of sand in it.It is very easy to take apart, and put back together. It has a small hard plastick impalla which workes on a magnet that is not very strong . Clean it and clean the strainer on a regular basis should work ok
    As stated before be sure water is supplied to it as it will not prine by itself. That is probley what the valve is all about lets the air out and the water replaces it. Just try cracking the valve untill you see water it will probley catch if clean.
    Last edited by Tim Powell; 08-14-2017 at 09:21 PM.