Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: 1967 Hatteras 28 cruiser rescued

Thanks. I have some skills we'll see what happens. Im retired so got more time then money. Is this what the deck should look like or does this appear to be something someone has added. Interior wood has been painted with something like flat house paint. Gotta strip this and find the real beauty Thanks for any and all advice Don

I'd bet money that it was added. My concern there would be that it was done to stiffen up the deck after the coring got soggy. The interior wood panels are usually veneered plywood so sand judiciously.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Deck seems very solid. I jump up and down on it and went around it with a hammer. Seemed solid. Veneer huh? Ok might just leave it and do a better job of painting it to dress it up Thanks for the input

Update !!! Got the starboard engine running this morning!! Coffed and sputtered for awhile. Then smoothed out and run like a good engine should. Port side is being a little difficult. But ill get even with it soon Don in Bokeelia

There's a few single engine captains here.... Well,... One at least. Don't join the ranks unless you have to.

1970 36C375

6. Re: 1967 Hatteras 28 cruiser rescued

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    There's a few single engine captains here.... Well,... One at least. Don't join the ranks unless you have to.
    I've been told that willingly joining the "singles" club means you likely have a very special kind of insanity ;-)
    Eric
    1972 Uniflite Salty Dog "Sharon Jean"

https://72saltydog.shutterfly.com/

Preceded by a 1967 Hatteras 34C

Your in good company President Lyndon Johnson had a 28 just like yours on his ranches lake in Texas. I remember I think it was Life magazine had a article on the ranch and had pics of he and lady bird blasting around in the 28. Maybe someone can find that story and pics. I had cut it out (as I did anything Hatteras) when I was a kid but haven't been able to find the article since.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Wow the presidental mini yacht huh. Cool. Nothing wrong with one engine. Three rights make a left right?? Having port engine starter rebuilt. So maybe i'll have both running tomorrow. Thanks guys for all the support If i could hit that lottery i'd get her done sooner

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Jean View Post
    I've been told that willingly joining the "singles" club means you likely have a very special kind of insanity ;-)
    I should have specified "offset single". That other thing is still it's own situation.

1970 36C375