Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hatteras 53/56 motoryacht

Any guess of cost to duplicate these boats today ?

Edward

Re: Hatteras 53/56 motoryacht

Duplicate?

How about a current version as the old molds are gone.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

1.5 million is my guess for the 53'.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

How about changing the question. If you have an existing Hatteras that you gutted and retro fit with modern widows,engines, running gear, gallery, heads, vanities floor covering, electronics, canvas, etc., etc? I'm not sure a yard could do it for $5 or $600,000. Thoughts ?
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

A fairly direct duplicate of the 56/58 is the new 60 Hatteras Motor Yacht dimensionally it is the exact footprint of the 1981-1984 56. I'm seeing used 2015-2016s listed for 2.4-2.6 mil.
    Nightingale - 1984 Hatteras 56 Motor Yacht

My best guess would be about $3.5 Million if built today. The New Hatteras 70 with reasonable options for example comes in a little over $7 Million. In comparison, a New 2017 Sea Ray 59 is priced at $3.2 Mil, with a 'boat show special' of $2.7 Million. A new Azimut of the same size is probably priced around $2Mil. Most new boats depreciate at the same rate as new cars.

Depreciation ends when a 'perfect example' of any model is 10%-15% of a comparable new boat price. That would make a truly perfect example of a 35 year old 53 Hatteras easily worth $300,000 or more in real dollars. (in my opinion). Unfortunately, the number of 53s and 56s THAT PRISTINE, is maybe 3% of all the remaining ones still afloat.
    I'm not comparing Hatteras quality of 35 years ago VS a new boat today. Not the same argument. This is about actual values in real numbers compared to a new boat price VS a boat in 'new boat' condition.

Rather than buy a new boat today, I would love to professionally restore a 53. It would take a year and cost a Million Dollars...with worldwide accolades and an endless supply of admiring glances at the finished product. Not to mention Kudos for "Recycling"! At one third the price of a new one. If you can't afford to professionally make it perfect...

Common sense says buy the nicest newest boat you can find with modern everything. That's where the 'values' are these days. So, to answer your question without going further over the rail...about $3.5 Million.

So in 1979 what kind of yacht would 3.5 million buy?
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

3.5 mil in 1979 was mega yacht territory. Today we do business with monopoly money.

Walt