Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ladder step.

Ladder step.

A heavy hitter broke the top ladder step on my 1969 45c. Is there an after market for these or am I going to have to make it?

Re: Ladder step.

I had a carpenter beef up the teak treads on my ladder. It was pretty simple. If the broken step isn't totally destroyed you can probably epoxiy is back together enough to use as a basis for the new one. What we did was add another piece of teak on top of the existing. It turned out well. There is no "off the rack" replcement that I am aware of.
    Attached Images
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Here's a link to the pic that won't post: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nm03jq48a...30917.jpg?dl=0
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Great idea Eric.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Here's a link to the pic that won't post: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nm03jq48a...30917.jpg?dl=0
    Wow Eric - that is beautiful! Mine are getting a little gnarly, will have to keep this in mind...
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

All,I have made two sets of ladder steps. I am a furniture manufacturer so I have equipment to do the job. I would be happy to make one or more steps for you and/or others. Only cost would be materials and shipping. Best to send me a sample to duplicate.PM me for phone or email.Kevin

Ok so I need to repair it. It's two pieces of teak screwed together the bottom piece is about an inch and a quarter thick. This is the piece that broke I will make a new piece and put it back together. Thanks pictures to follow.

If you can regroup the pieces together then you can epoxy for resistance greater than the original material. The west system and other vendors have wood matching second parts which are colored to match wood ( would not perfect but stronger than the original material). My 2 cents
    Gus....
    Hatteras 53 MY, 1972
    Boca Raton, FL

Ok will try to hit the wood shop tomorrow and get a new one made.

After making one I decided I had to do them all, so I built all 8 of them.
    Attached Images