Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Chicago to Mobile to Florida...Bridges...

I can't remember the name of the marina I stopped in to drop the arch on a 52' Jefferson that's south of the fixed bridge, but I can look it up. I'm sure it's on the thread I posted about the trip. They could help you out.

The only thing I would add to the above is figuring on tying up at Kaskaskia Lock & Dam below Hoppie's. From there, I would recommend anchoring in the diversion canal at Cape Girardeau. From there you can make Green Turtle Bay in a day and be in an actual marina.

From there, marinas are good until you pass Bobby's on the Tenn-Tom. Not much of a marina, but it beats dropping a hook. I'll look up the mile marker guide showing recommended anchorages from "Nitty Gritty On The Tenn-Tom", and post it here. I can tell you from experience, it's not exactly accurate. It still helps though.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Forgot I had it saved on my phone. If there's ever a time to push up the throttles, it's that stretch between Bobby's and the convention center in Mobile. There's a whole lot of nothing and a tight channel full of barges. Watch your wake, or you'll get cussed... or worse. A few marked "No Wake" zones, but just watch for fishermen and docked boats, hiding in the bushes.

Not sure why that posted sideways.
    Attached Images
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Thanks Freebird. All the talk of barges, locks, and debris scared the daylights out of my buddy. NOW... He's decided he wants to take the scenic route up Lake Michigan and around instead. Besides...Since I've got to help bring it back, why would I argue against a boat trip that's going to take 18 MORE days? Survey is next week.

Thanks Freebird. My buddy now wants to go the long way around Lake Michigan and Huron. Survey next week. Since I've got to help bring it home, why would I argue against a 15 day LONGER TRIP?