Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

It's Time For the Summer Scam Season to Kick-off

Here's your opportunity to pay just about triple for your documentation renewal:

https://uscgdocumentation.us/nvdc/renewal/

Just came in the mail. But wait, it's only $70 with these friendly folks:

https://usvesseldocumentation.org/renewal-documentation/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqZmhgbbF1QIVgyWBCh2vyQAxEAAYAyA AEgJGHfD_BwE

But I appreciate the offer to help me for a small fee.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Re: It's Time For the Summer Scam Season to Kick-off

I do this for my living and I still had to look at this twice. Amazing. I went to the NVDC website and renewed for $26.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Yeah, I know. They put some work into making the letter and their website look legit. Nothing illegal about the letter I guess. They do state you're paying a "service fee" on top of the renewal. I hate to be jaded, but I guess I look at everything as a potential scam anymore.

Just emailed them for a quote on either the 10 year or lifetime renewal. Be funny if they gave me a figure.

Here's the letter. Beware

IMG_8223.jpg
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

We call it a scam, but it truly is a great business model. Low overhead, nearly 100% automated. Very little capital investment. Great margins.

At least these scammers appear to provide a service, unlike the assholes from india and nigeria lol
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Hi my naim Hakim. I liv Nigir...Nyjeri...nighgeer...uh...affrica. U send me money I sent u dockumintazon payper ok?
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Heck you guys are missing the boat (figuratively speaking). I got a deal with a deposed Nigerian Prince that in exchange for a measly $15 thousand dollars, I will get back about a million dollars...WhoooHooo. I can't wait

Walt