Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: 43 DC Move and Learning Curve

Thanks spartonboat1 for the info that was a wealth of stuff !, and yes this is the Pilot House from Annapolis. Running gear wise she was really solid and other than replacing the rubber.. belts, hoses impellers the drivetrain was flawless. Topside had few leaks on starboard side deck some really strange cracks on the deck along the trunk cabin they caused some damage to the paneling from the water traveling to the wall in the aft stateroom. Have the leaks temp fixed for now and soon as it cools off will do proper glass repairs on the sections. rest other than general upgrades as I mentioned has been just getting everything going again from sitting. heads were stuck, had to be taken down serviced and put back. both AC's were out of freon one had stuck compressor that I am in process of changing with a new one. but I got her for a song and with the drivelines as nice as they are she is worth the time and effort to make her right again.
    there is always one more imbecile than you counted on

Is this a boat you know, Eric? I don't remember seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by vesselislandgirl View Post
    Thanks spartonboat1 for the info that was a wealth of stuff !, and yes this is the Pilot House from Annapolis. Running gear wise she was really solid and other than replacing the rubber.. belts, hoses impellers the drivetrain was flawless. Topside had few leaks on starboard side deck some really strange cracks on the deck along the trunk cabin they caused some damage to the paneling from the water traveling to the wall in the aft stateroom. Have the leaks temp fixed for now and soon as it cools off will do proper glass repairs on the sections. rest other than general upgrades as I mentioned has been just getting everything going again from sitting. heads were stuck, had to be taken down serviced and put back. both AC's were out of freon one had stuck compressor that I am in process of changing with a new one. but I got her for a song and with the drivelines as nice as they are she is worth the time and effort to make her right again.
    Thanks for mentioning belts and hoses. Yes, basically all "soft parts" should be replaced. The steering fluid reservoir, at the back of the engine room, should be at least 3"s full and the pressure holding at 20-30#'s. A standard bicycle pump can be used to pump up the steering system pressure. For fun, if you replace any hose clamps, there are clamps which incorporate a "spring", so that they clamp at a steady pressure and do not vary there clamping over time.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...