Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1995 48' Motor Yacht - For Sale

We are (sadly) listing our 48 MY for sale. It's time for our family to leave NYC (Hawaii bound) and she has to go. I wish I could take her with me, but it's just not realistic.

I have a lot of photos in my gallery (only a few years old), but will have current professional taken in the next week or so. The boat is in amazing condition and we're very proud of the work done to update her. And mechanically she runs perfectly. The layout is perfect for families with young kids or anyone of a vintage that has trouble climbing ladders. And is a GREAT live aboard boat (we lived on it for 3 months) while our house was renovated).

Planning to list with a broker in a couple of weeks, but reaching out to friends first for pre-broker pricing. She will be listed with the broker @ $249,000. You can do the math on the pre-broker #. We do have one very invested party (our dock neighbor), but he hasn't decided yet. Boat is currently in Mystic, CT.

Here are a few highlights...

1995 Hatteras 48 Motor Yacht
    Detroit 8v92TA DDEC Engines @ about 976 hours
    Onan 20KW Generator @ about 1510 hours
    Vetus Bow Thruster
    Pipe Welders Hard Top
    Garmin GPS, Furuno Radar, Simrad Autopilot
    2 x Stidd Helm Chairs

Extensive Refit in 2013:
    - new carpeting
    - All new soft goods
    - new galley counters and appliances
    - new LED lighting
    - new teak and holly laminate in galley & heads
    - new bath fixtures
    - plasteak decking on the aft deck
    - Kenyon aft deck grill
    - new aft deck fridge/icemaker
    - new flat screen TVs in salon and staterooms
    - KVH satellite
    - new clarion stereos with subwoofers
    - various paint and cosmetic repairs
    - AB 10.5’ RIB w/30HP Tohatsu (with custom chocks)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by jmagel; 08-07-2017 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Updated accurate hours
    Jon
    1995 48 MY | 8V92TA DDEC II
    "D-Compression" Montauk, NY

Re: 1995 48' Motor Yacht - For Sale

I have serious interest. Can you send me interior pictures to my private email. Wwgilman@aol.con. I am a cash buyer and will not waste your time. WW Gilman 828 329 6344

How do you like the new marina there in Brooklyn?

Quote Originally Posted by rtrafford View Post
    How do you like the new marina there in Brooklyn?
    The view is unparalleled in NY harbor, but we were supposed to stay for a month and lasted only 1 night. Had 7 on board and all (but myself) got ill from the roll. Well, to be completely honest... I was fine on-board, but actually got land-sick afterword.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jmagel View Post
    The view is unparalleled in NY harbor, but we were supposed to stay for a month and lasted only 1 night. Had 7 on board and all (but myself) got ill from the roll. Well, to be completely honest... I was fine on-board, but actually got land-sick afterword.
    LOL, given the tides and current on the River, I suspected that area would be strife with swell surge. South Beach Marina experiences the same thing down south. Beautiful location, wandered through it during construction and thought about stopping in. Thought twice and went on to the Sound.

They roll that bad?

Final shot I will have of D-Compression. Departing NYC en-route to FT. Meyers under command of her new owner. Bittersweet moment, but glad it sold so quickly and before the winter layup.

Big thanks to all the expert Hatteras owners on this site that took time to offer helpful advice to me over the last 4 years — this is really an invaluable resource.

Regards,
    Jon Magel
    Attached Images
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by wwgilman View Post
    I have serious interest. Can you send me interior pictures to my private email. Wwgilman@aol.con. I am a cash buyer and will not waste your time. WW Gilman 828 329 6344
    I think Gilman posts this exact same post on every "for sale" boat on this site. I have seen it for many years. When did you last own a boat? You always state that you are serious. Maybe you buy all of them. I don't know. It just seems strange that you post this so often. Maybe you really aren't too serious after all.

Just curious.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I think Gilman posts this exact same post on every "for sale" boat on this site. I have seen it for many years. When did you last own a boat? You always state that you are serious. Maybe you buy all of them. I don't know. It just seems strange that you post this so often. Maybe you really aren't too serious after all.

Just curious.
    i I have owned every model Hatteras ever built up to the 75.thats a lot of boats since I personally was introduced to Hatteras by Willis Shane salesman. I have also owned Grand Banks, Selene, Ocean, Luhrs, and custom built down east cruisers. I have spent my life associated with waterfront projects including the building of Hotels Resorts and Marinias. I have built and owned 1200 dry stack Marinias. I have been a retailer for multiple boat company’s including Barbour, GlasSpar, MFG, Rankin, and others that no longer exist. I have been instrumental in starting boat manufactureing at Grady White. I have owned a boat for 75 years and will own one when I cross the bar. When I make that final cruise it will be to distribute my ashes on the sea I love. Water has been my the focus of my entire life. As for your cryptic comment. Please find something to do with yourself more interesting than minding other people’s business. I do have an honest interest in the 48 Hatt and an looking for that model with cat engines. That between the Hatt owner offering to sell his boat and me wanting to buy it!!!

be

Well then.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay