Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Looking for a 34' hat

Quote Originally Posted by bill_the_hopeful_boater View Post
    The only issue I have with anything over 36 is where I can keep her. Many of the yards near me, Long Island NY do not have large slips available. I like what I see in the 41's and I definitely will keep an open mind.
    I would be a cash buyer and the interior work would not worry me as long as the mechanical s are on the money I would be interested. Since it appears I would have to travel to get something does anyone know of a transporter to get it up north ?
    Long Island...she'd fit in New Rochelle just fine. Good yards and good access, obviously close to LI.

If you're thinking 36, think hard about 41. Those were/are terrific boats.

Where on LI are you? There should be plenty of.slips for a.41 available.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Where on LI are you? There should be plenty of.slips for a.41 available.
    I'm on the north shore in smithtown. Unfortunately the only places that I know of will cost an arm and a leg or two legs. I was actually thinking of putting it down on the south shore. Babylon, lindenhurst bay shore area. At least on the south shore there are options up here it is Britannia or Danfords. Since I am just getting back into boating not to many other options yet.

I'm at Britannia and could make a few suggestions in the Huntington area if your interested.

Jeff Kotler
    Southern Cross
    1981 61' motor yacht

I had a 41 for a few years... nice boat.. slow .... ended up getting out of boats for a decade or so.... started looking a CC's when a buddy sent me a Craigs list ad for a 34 in long island ... lowish hours EFI gas.. tank had been switched to aluminum.. bought it, flew down to NYC, drove to the Hamptons and ran her home to Ma the next day... 12 hours , should have been 10 or less... needs an interior refit... but overall super happy with her... a much more manageable sized boat than my 41 on the merrimac river (9-11 knt current coming and going) we needed a crew to get the old boat on the dock.... now my G-friend and I can run this one without crew ..
    Last edited by hunshatt; 08-24-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Our 34 is a perfect sized boat. A little tight with 4 staying onboard overnight but very doable. Plenty of room when its just the two of us.I had a too big boat once and survived that. I was lucky that I was too proud of my 34 and priced it too high to sell. And as Hunshatt has pointed out very manageable to run.

Quote Originally Posted by hunshatt View Post
    I had a 41 for a few years... nice boat.. slow .... ended up getting out of boats for a decade or so.... started looking a CC's when a buddy sent me a Craigs list ad for a 34 in long island ... lowish hours EFI gas.. tank had been switched to aluminum.. bought it, flew down to NYC, drove to the Hamptons and ran her home to Ma the next day... 12 hours , should have been 10 or less... needs an interior refit... but overall super happy with her... a much more manageable sized boat than my 41 on the merrimac river (9-11 knt current coming and going) we needed a crew to get the old boat on the dock.... now my G-friend and I can run this one without crew ..
    That's exactly what I am looking for. I saw one back in July on craigslist called the OutLaw but it is no longer listed so I think it was sold.

I'd pass on 34 gas, unless smoking deal. Have cash, and keep eye out. I'm thinking 40-60k is fair budget, but you may find cheaper. I almost bought this one 2 years ago, think name was Bandit (see video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chnIyxPaTL8
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by bill_the_hopeful_boater View Post
    That's exactly what I am looking for. I saw one back in July on craigslist called the OutLaw but it is no longer listed so I think it was sold.
    that is the boat(and the one in the picture ) .... it was well worth what I ended up paying for it...... plenty fast with the gassers... it needs an interior refit some clean up and it'll be a bargain(till I repower.. LOL)