Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: An interesting 53 Classic

The market for a nice turn key vintage Hatteras is a lot stronger than you think. The 53 mentioned has had a lot of work done and in my opinion people are willing to pay for something they do not have to refurbish or redo completely immediately.

We have two backup offers at the moment, however this sale should go through in the next few days and someone will be the proud new owner of a bristol 1984 56 Hatteras.
    Nightingale - 1984 Hatteras 56 Motor Yacht

You guys are just jealous of us who get the great fortune to live in so cal and pay $1600.00 a month for a slip, but we don't have bugs and we don't have to use air conditioning. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

I don't have a lot of bugs but we need air conditioning most of the time. Then again being out on the water I don't need it as I'm I and out of the river or ocean.

Bugs are prevalent near land thats swampy so I head out away from those areas.

Good things about living in Florida.
    1) Water is plentiful.
    2) Weather is always changing.
    3) Alligators are plentiful.
    4) stray cats and illegal aliens see #3.
    5) Taxes are reasonable.
    6) No pelosi.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Can't argue with the last one, John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Photoshop and fancy photography can make a turd look amazing. I'm sure the boat is very nice, but it's obvious those photos have been plenty of "makeup"....just like that purdy lady at the bar after a few drinks in.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Hatts are more expensive on the west coast than the east coast. They're not as plentiful and there is the "value added" aspect of shipping them here.
    This is true of any east coast boat.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

Quote Originally Posted by luckydave215 View Post
    Hatts are more expensive on the west coast than the east coast. They're not as plentiful and there is the "value added" aspect of shipping them here.
    This is true of any east coast boat.
    I'm experiencing the opposite problem. There's one in Southern Cali. I think I would have already bought it if it were east. One quote was for 50k. It might be a bit cheaper if I worked it....but not near enough....so there's just too much there. Somebody's gotta pay it...and it makes a good deal for both....not so much for either.

Handsome 53

If truly as nice as described? Worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydave215 View Post
    Hatts are more expensive on the west coast than the east coast. They're not as plentiful and there is the "value added" aspect of shipping them here.This is true of any east coast boat.
    Can you point me to an ad for this $50000 boat in Southern California?

Quote Originally Posted by ronparise View Post
    Can you point me to an ad for this $50000 boat in Southern California?
    No...I'm sorry....the quoted cost of getting the boat from S. Cali. to Florida was 40 grand (I did say 50....because that's what it would end up being...in my thinking).

I'm sorry for the confusion in my post. I can see how it could be read the way it was read by you (and possibly others). (I think you are referring to my post and not luckydave's)

It's a 70' Hatt that can be bought what I consider "right". But not right enough pay for moving it east. It's a deal that I've yet to find on the east coast. If the boat were already here...I'd probably buy it. that was in response to sentiment that boats are cheaper east than west. Maybe they are in general...but, as per par for the course...the one i'm interested in was not.....at least so far....
    Last edited by dcate; 08-05-2017 at 08:16 PM.