Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Wanted. 25 hp outboard

Looking for a 25 hp short shaft outboard for a dingy. Prefer electric start and no project motors. Prefer northeast or mid atlantic area.
    Thank you.

Re: Wanted. 25 hp outboard

I have a Mercury 4 stroke with electric start that has about 2 (two) hours on it. I bought it new some years ago and it has been stored in my container attached to a stand since. The engine both weights too much combined with the weight of the RIB to make it easy to hoist back aboard and too fast for my granddaughters to operate safely. I replaced it with a 5 HP 2 stroke. I believe it is only 15 HP but I can check as it may be 25 (same physical size). It's located in central NJ (Middlesex County, Tpke exit 8-A). It is virtually a brand new motor and I'll part with it for any reasonable offer.

Walt

I have a 2017 Yamaha 25HP short shaft. It's a brand new model for this year and just came out in April. It only weighs 126lbs. Not sure the hours but it's only been on one trip to the Exumas so I'm figuring less then 10hrs. No electric start but I'm told it's set up to be easily added. Retail is like $4,000 +/- and I paid $3600. The motor is currently in Pittsburgh so I could easily deliver it to you or meet you somewhere 1/2 way in the NE area. The motor is in perfect, like new condition I've just decided to get a 17 Whaler and tow it. PM me if your interested make me an offer. I'll be selling the RIB also. It's a 2015 Highfield 11.5 feet in good condition as well. Stored inside a garage kept when not in use. The RIB new is $4800, I'm the 2nd owner and paid I think like $4000 in 2015 when it was only a few months old. Anyway I believe the link to the motor info is:

2017newproducts.yamahaoutboards.com

Thanks
    Tony

Thank you. PM sent to both of you.