Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Re: The wonderful world of marine waste systems

Was that solenoid from an F150, America's best selling full size pick up for the last hundred years? Good story.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by BOATER BOB View Post
    After I purchased my 53SF project boat the 1st thing I started on was ripping all the wiring out of the boat changing from 32v to 12v that left the 32v galley maid pumps to discard as there were 2.Boy there is a lot of wire in a factory Hatteras!Ok so what to do about head pumps started goggle search to find replacement pumps on a trawler site read that a guy used Jasco macerator pump and a Jasco water puppy pump for bowl water so time to give it a try.The bowls had original hose that was time to change so I used 2" pvc to replace hose with pressure fittings took pump from under bed and mounted on front engine room bulkhead so easy to work on.Used a Ford starter solenoid to tie 2 pumps together .Three years now and not a bit of problem best mod I made to boat works really strong .I took time to tell this because its so simple.Bob
    Post some pics Bob

Quote Originally Posted by jpk55 View Post
    Used 1" wood dowels screwed thru the hose and duct taped the old hoseTo the new. 2 man job, one pushes and one pulls.
    Thanks for the post, learned something new today, that sounds like a fantastic way to pull out an old hose and a new one in!!