Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: moving up

Re: moving up

Quote Originally Posted by Chasemmc View Post
    Pascal, In addition to the $15k per side investment, what other costs such as motor mounts, new shafts, wheels, did u encounter?
    Don't know yet because the engines are sitting in a warehouse . I m hoping to have the boat ready for the repower in two or three weeks. The cummins people did the calculations and the shafts are ok, although I will be replacing them anyway as they are original, corroded and two pieces.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Well, that was quick. We had 2 offers on the GB, both satisfactory, one with a survey and sea trial next week with closing the following week. Yeah, I know the survey could uncover a surprise but she spent the winter at a Zimmerman yard (actually spent the past 2/3 winters there) and I can't believe the yard hasn't found everything that needed attention. I've got the yard bills to prove it. I guess I'll know in a week.
    So now the search begins in earnest. Just hope my wife doesn't get cold feet. Kinda sad to see her go (the boat not my wife!) but excited about about the prospects (which would include next boat and my wife).
    Last edited by bnoft; 07-27-2017 at 05:34 AM. Reason: proper grammar

bnuft, I see that you're new to this site and as such are not too familiar with our procedures...We will require some sort of tribute to not send your post to your wife. Something in the order of a cold beer will probably do for starters...... Hopefully your next boat will be a Hatteras and if so you will become exempt from this rule.....

Walt

BTW good luck with the sale and welcome aboard....

Understood and happy to pay this tribute, just need to meet up. I am hoping the next boat is a Hatt, eying 2 but have been waiting to sell the GB before doing more than drool.

Quote Originally Posted by bnoft View Post
    Well, that was quick. We had 2 offers on the GB, both satisfactory, one with a survey and sea trial next week with closing the following week. Yeah, I know the survey could uncover a surprise but she spent the winter at a Zimmerman yard (actually spent the past 2/3 winters there) and I can't believe the yard hasn't found everything that needed attention. I've got the yard bills to prove it. I guess I'll know in a week.
    So now the search begins in earnest. Just hope my wife doesn't get cold feet. Kinda sad to see her go (the boat not my wife!) but excited about about the prospects (which would include next boat and my wife).
    If you liked your GB you will love the Hatteras. Good luck with the sale and purchase.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

If you spent the winter at Zimmerman, your boat is perfect, your bank account is empty, and you are ready for a Hatteras.

Jim
    I take it you've been there. They are through, when I pick up the boat I give them a blank check (seems like). Have trouble sitting down for a week. But I've never had to Fix something they "fixed".

Bill

As I am still learning about Hatteras, I understand they have a 32 volt electrical system. I am curious if this has presented any challenges in the way of replacement motors and service.

Occasionally, but not impossible, for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by bnoft View Post
    As I am still learning about Hatteras, I understand they have a 32 volt electrical system. I am curious if this has presented any challenges in the way of replacement motors and service.
    Not all models and years used 32 volts.

Bobk