Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Looking for a 48' LRC

Anyone know of any 48' LRC's out there that owners may be considering re-homing? Thinking about downsizing from our 53'.
    You are welcome to PM or email me. Thanks as always!
    Carol
    Gypsy Soul
    53' Classic

Re: Looking for a 48' LRC

Couple on Yachtworld.
    Captain Paul Stich
    1976 Hatteras 48 LRC

I'm not sure that's downsizing.

When I worked on a 58 LRC a while back it was comparable to a 60 plus motoryacht.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    I'm not sure that's downsizing.

When I worked on a 58 LRC a while back it was comparable to a 60 plus motoryacht.
    Scott, My recollection of the 48 LRC is it felt cut up into small spaces. Much tighter feel than my 48MY. The 58 OTH is huge.

Bob

That was my impression from being on both. On the 48 LRC, I recall lots of small areas, and lots of stairways up and down. The 58 LRC, by comparison, felt like an ocean liner- just huge. And bills to match, may I only say.

I've not been on a 48 LRC so I can't comment from experience but I'm sure some owners here will be kind enough to jump in.

The 48 like you have is also a pretty large boat. What is the definition for downsizing here?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

We have been full timers on our 48LRC for the last 6 years. Traveled over 14,000 miles up to Mane and 3 trips to the Bahamas. For the two of us we find it more than comfortable. Nice to have 1,330 fuel and 450 gallons of water. We do not normally don't make long passages but have done a 26 hour run this past winter. I have been on many of the 48's and several 42's all nice. The 58's are a fanatic, I personally don't have the need to drag extra staterooms. With the forward stateroom, and watch birth we can accomodate company nicely without using the pull out sofa in the salon. I think all of the 48's on the market today are all in good cruising shape, we even have one that is still in Belize.

Curt
    Classic Cyn
    Curt

Quote Originally Posted by cb48lrc View Post
    We have been full timers on our 48LRC for the last 6 years. Traveled over 14,000 miles up to Mane and 3 trips to the Bahamas. For the two of us we find it more than comfortable. Nice to have 1,330 fuel and 450 gallons of water. We do not normally don't make long passages but have done a 26 hour run this past winter. I have been on many of the 48's and several 42's all nice. The 58's are a fanatic, I personally don't have the need to drag extra staterooms. With the forward stateroom, and watch birth we can accomodate company nicely without using the pull out sofa in the salon. I think all of the 48's on the market today are all in good cruising shape, we even have one that is still in Belize.

Curt
    Classic Cyn
    Curt, Im' not bad mouthing the 48 LRC; it's a great boat for its purpose. In fact I lusted for one many years ago, and if I were doing long passages, I'd give it serious conideration. The extra fuel and water is a big plus for passages but perhaps a negative for coastal cruising. I've spent six to nine months a year for the last 15 years as a coastal cruiser so my comments come from that perspective. But as always, different strokes for different folks.

Bobk
    Last edited by bobk; 07-10-2017 at 10:04 AM.

One point on interior layout of the 48 LRC. I am told that 49 were produced and 3 of those had a three stateroom layout. The other 46 had two staterooms, the master centered fore and aft, and full beam, plus the forward V berths. Adding the third stateroom did crop the space pretty fine, by splitting the master into two smaller compartments.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by cb48lrc View Post

Curt
    Classic Cyn
    That's quite a testimonial! I have the pleasure of visiting several 48's enroute to our eventual purchase of our 58. As Jim eloquently stated "with bills to match". Love them all and hope their owners continue to invest in ensuring they remain well founded.