Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Looking for a 34' hat

Hello folks I am new to this forum and I am looking to get back into boating. Had small 20' Grady's and a 25 " chris craft with a single screw. I am now looking for a 34 60's vintage Hat conv or sport
    with gas engines since I know absolutely zero about diesels.
    I am not into speed and would be cruising at the 12-15 knot range. I have heard these boats are super stable and can handle lousy weather. I am in the Long island area. Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Looking for a 34' hat

Quote Originally Posted by bill_the_hopeful_boater View Post
    Hello folks I am new to this forum and I am looking to get back into boating. Had small 20' Grady's and a 25 " chris craft with a single screw. I am now looking for a 34 60's vintage Hat conv or sport
    I am not into speed and would be cruising at the 12-15 knot range. I have heard these boats are super stable and can handle lousy weather. I am in the Long island area. Any help would be much appreciated.
    click here

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1964...s#.WYJNaesXA2x

From the listing.

This great classic would make someone a great bay boat. She is hull number four. First boat to be layed up with fiberglass. Needs a little work on the interior.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

What were hulls 1, 2 and 3 laid up in? Paper Mache'? <puzzled look>
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Just a suggestion.

Look at the 36c series 1 also

And diesels are not a bad thing to have if their the right ones.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Diesels for sure.....especially on an early boat. Even though no ethanal fuel may be available, I would be concerned about the possibility that it may not be available when traveling to different areas. If it's a gas boat, I would either change out the fuel tanks or repower with diesel. Changing out the fuel tanks will be much cheaper.

Walt

Good point. You're not going to find deathanol free fuel around here. If it's a gas boat it either will have had the tanks changed, or will need to have the tanks changed.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    From the listing.

This great classic would make someone a great bay boat. She is hull number four. First boat to be layed up with fiberglass. Needs a little work on the interior.
    Are you sure ? I don't know my hull # but I have a 1963 and it's fiberglass and I have seen another one same year.

Bill....I had a 1963 34SC. When I brought her home to Northern Lake Champlain, we had some wind gusts to 50 mph. We would gain 9MPH coming off the waves of a following sea. There were 3 CG rescues that day. We never got wet on the bridge! Yes, a very stable boat!

had a 66 sedan with 350ci's. loved the boat, built like a tank but woefully underpowered. know a guy who had a 67 conv with big blocks, performance was much better.
    as mentioned previously, no real gas around long island only ethanol. which means you will need fuel tanks if PO hasn't done them. if they haven't been changed and the boat has been used since 2006 check the engines carefully.
    its not if but when there will be problems.
    Jim

SALTY
    1973 38' AFT CABIN