Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Delivery Captain Needed

Friends of mine bought a 52 Fountain in Connecticut. They had hired a captain to help them deliver it to Tampa or somewhere in between. Today they got to the boat scheduled for departure tomorrow and the captain bailed.

Short notice but if anyone knows someone they can call please let me know.

Thanks

Bruce
    Freestyle
    Tampa

Re: Delivery Captain Needed

Have they thought about shipping it overland? This is a low-height boat, isn't it? It might be easier and cheaper to just contact Miami Cradle or a similar outfit and get it trucked.

Sounds like good advice to truck it down. I'm sure the hight is fine for bridge clearance, but what is the beam? I think over 14 and you're out of luck.

Walt

BTW.... Why did he bail? Did he think that the boat was not ready for such a trip?

Getting it out of yankland on truck could be issue.....but once it's further south life gets easier....could drive by water to somewhere in NJ and put it on a truck there.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    Friends of mine bought a 52 Fountain in Connecticut. They had hired a captain to help them deliver it to Tampa or somewhere in between. Today they got to the boat scheduled for departure tomorrow and the captain bailed.

Thanks

Bruce
    Freestyle
    Tampa
    Call Regie he is not doing anything but hanging around the old office so i hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post

Thanks

Bruce
    Freestyle
    Tampa
    http://boatcaptainsonline.com/found....s%20For%20Hire

There's always the bird.

Randy, you doing anything next week?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

That's a long trip. Overland is best if at all possible, but if your friends still want a captain, have them give me a call. I live in Florida now and may be bale to help. 763-229-4519.
    Bill Root, USCG 100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    MV BUFFALO GAL
    1988 54' MY

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    Getting it out of yankland on truck could be issue.....but once it's further south life gets easier....could drive by water to somewhere in NJ and put it on a truck there.
    That could work. Mine, which probably has higher air draft, went from Tidewater to High Point on Miami Cradle.