Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: How would YOU address these and how immediate?

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Correct. And the insurance company doesn't care what condition in which you set sail. But if something goes wrong and you make a claim you will be educated quickly about failing to address survey items. We'll miss you.
    Probably not insured anyway.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Most of the suggestions, if not all, were given with the generosity of time and experience, for the only benefit of "Ageless", no other benefactors exist.

"Ageless" seemed to dismiss and criticized the suggestions not liked.

I have been a member here for 13 years, or so, and have offered and received guidance. I don't recall being treated poorly for either.

It's careless for anyone not to recognize the value this site offers.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Ageless, I deleted your original post because of the obscenities in it. If you continue to use language like that, I WILL block you completely.

I would clean up your act as well as the through-hulls etc. This place can be a rough room, but we are able to find ways to express our approval or disapproval without putting language in it that would make it unacceptable for a kid to read. And many of us do have kids and they may read material on this forum.

So don't do it again. You own a Hatteras, so this forum can be of considerable benefit to you. And yyou may at some point make comments that benefit your fellow Hatteras owners as well. If you avoid getting yourself kicked off here, all those benefits accrue to you.

If my fellow members would remove their posts quoting the original one, I would be grateful. It's difficult to go in and edit them, but if I need to, I will.

I've blocked him from my posts and have written Doug asking him to remove Ageless from the forum. I hope enough members complain so he will.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Read your insurance policy. All recommendations in his report need to be addressed if they are in his section stating their necessary for safety and seaworthy reasons.

I had to put a co detector on my boat bef9re they would allow me to be insured.

There are also items he may state as minor or future maintenance that don't need to be addressed right away.

Again if he pointed them out there's a reason and bitching about it won't make the issue go away.
    Reasonable response and just what I was saying.... NOTHING in the report was mentioned as necessary for seaworthiness or safety, all were minor findings. I just wanted help on how to address the two minor issues--my complaining was directed at the unnecessary crap that members felt the needed to include

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    There are times when "adult" language is tolerated, but not on this forum any time. First of all we have family's including women and children that read our posts. Actually what you are doing is not being "Adult", it is really the sign of a person who has a limited use of the English language and/or is just too dumb to recognize his limitations. I'm not a saint, I spent six years in the USNavy and I think I probably heard it all and used some at times. Please tone it down or find another forum to vent your ignorance.

Most of our forum members are very articulate and know quite a bit about boats, especially Hatteras'. When you need help with an issue pertaining to your Hatteras, you just ask and you shall receive. Maybe it's not what you wanted to hear. We get one or two dimwits like you from time to time and it's nice to see them go. BTW if you find my comments offensive, that's wonderful because that was my intention.......

Walt
    not offended at all, my 6 years in the same Navy helped form who I am, proud of it!! I accept people for who they are and just choose who I wish to associate with

Post Re: How would YOU address these and how immediate?

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Very smooth Walt. I loved the way schooled him.
    lol--not hardly

Probably not insured anyway.
    you're right, I haven't accepted the vessel as of yet

I've blocked him from my posts and have written Doug asking him to remove Ageless from the forum. I hope enough members complain so he will.
    wow--sensitive much?

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Ageless, I deleted your original post because of the obscenities in it. If you continue to use language like that, I WILL block you completely.

I would clean up your act as well as the through-hulls etc. This place can be a rough room, but we are able to find ways to express our approval or disapproval without putting language in it that would make it unacceptable for a kid to read. And many of us do have kids and they may read material on this forum.

So don't do it again. You own a Hatteras, so this forum can be of considerable benefit to you. And yyou may at some point make comments that benefit your fellow Hatteras owners as well. If you avoid getting yourself kicked off here, all those benefits accrue to you.

If my fellow members would remove their posts quoting the original one, I would be grateful. It's difficult to go in and edit them, but if I need to, I will.
    noted

Quote Originally Posted by Glory View Post
    Most of the suggestions, if not all, were given with the generosity of time and experience, for the only benefit of "Ageless", no other benefactors exist.

"Ageless" seemed to dismiss and criticized the suggestions not liked.

I have been a member here for 13 years, or so, and have offered and received guidance. I don't recall being treated poorly for either.

It's careless for anyone not to recognize the value this site offers.
    I recognize the benefit, hence the reason I came here. I didn't criticize the suggestions, it was all the extra crap that didn't apply that elicited my negative response

Keep in mind that this is a discussion forum. Key word; discussion.

Usually threads will get off topic a bit, with comment, ideas, stories which in most case we value to the discussion. It s rarely "crap" and you will usually find that there will be some interesting comments even if a bit off the original post
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat