Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: How would YOU address these and how immediate?

Why cant people just answer the question at hand? I didn't ask for all the extra BS. I didn't take this to be a liberal type forum, sorry for the hurt feelings due to my ADULT language.

I found the answers I needed, thanks to those that responded to the topic at hand and through PM

Screw the language. We can take that. Its the rudeness that really stands out.

200, 600 or 1000 mikes its still the same answer.

Taking the run before correcting the surveyors recommendations is not only crazy but will leave you uninsured. I'm sure the surveyor pointed them out for a reason. Why risk it. Get it fixed before the trip and stop bitching about having to live in reality.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

There are a lot of other forums out that that you should try. This site is for professionals.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Screw the language. We can take that. Its the rudeness that really stands out.

200, 600 or 1000 mikes its still the same answer.

Taking the run before correcting the surveyors recommendations is not only crazy but will leave you uninsured. I'm sure the surveyor pointed them out for a reason. Why risk it. Get it fixed before the trip and stop bitching about having to live in reality.
    LOL--NO ONE corrects all the surveyors recommendations before using their new vessel, that's why there are different levels of severity in each report

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    There are a lot of other forums out that that you should try. This site is for professionals.
    ahhhh, I see. Professional what?

You will soon be blocked. Bye bye.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by ageless View Post
    LOL--NO ONE corrects all the surveyors recommendations before using their new vessel, that's why there are different levels of severity in each report
    Read your insurance policy. All recommendations in his report need to be addressed if they are in his section stating their necessary for safety and seaworthy reasons.

I had to put a co detector on my boat bef9re they would allow me to be insured.

There are also items he may state as minor or future maintenance that don't need to be addressed right away.

Again if he pointed them out there's a reason and bitching about it won't make the issue go away.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

There are times when "adult" language is tolerated, but not on this forum any time. First of all we have family's including women and children that read our posts. Actually what you are doing is not being "Adult", it is really the sign of a person who has a limited use of the English language and/or is just too dumb to recognize his limitations. I'm not a saint, I spent six years in the USNavy and I think I probably heard it all and used some at times. Please tone it down or find another forum to vent your ignorance.

Most of our forum members are very articulate and know quite a bit about boats, especially Hatteras'. When you need help with an issue pertaining to your Hatteras, you just ask and you shall receive. Maybe it's not what you wanted to hear. We get one or two dimwits like you from time to time and it's nice to see them go. BTW if you find my comments offensive, that's wonderful because that was my intention.......

Walt

[QUOTE=Walter P;313515sign of a person who has a limited use of the English language and/or is just too dumb to recognize his limitations.[/QUOTE] Correct. And the insurance company doesn't care what condition in which you set sail. But if something goes wrong and you make a claim you will be educated quickly about failing to address survey items. We'll miss you.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    There are times when "adult" language is tolerated, but not on this forum any time. First of all we have family's including women and children that read our posts. Actually what you are doing is not being "Adult", it is really the sign of a person who has a limited use of the English language and/or is just too dumb to recognize his limitations. I'm not a saint, I spent six years in the USNavy and I think I probably heard it all and used some at times. Please tone it down or find another forum to vent your ignorance.

Most of our forum members are very articulate and know quite a bit about boats, especially Hatteras'. When you need help with an issue pertaining to your Hatteras, you just ask and you shall receive. Maybe it's not what you wanted to hear. We get one or two dimwits like you from time to time and it's nice to see them go. BTW if you find my comments offensive, that's wonderful because that was my intention.......

Walt
    Very smooth Walt. I loved the way schooled him.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California