Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Blower replacement for older Cruisair units??

I've searched this forum for hours now on trying to find a replacement old style fan for my cruisair splt systems. At one time I thought Dayton (grainger) made a shaded pole direct replacement but I cannot find it on their site. Given the fact that these older fans did not move much air to begin with, has any member upgraded by installing a squirrel cage blower to the original evaporator housing in the split systems? I'm not ready to totally replace the entire R22 split systems because they cool just fine but I have this one fan issue... Anyone?? Thanks Steve
    Steve (Risctaker)
    1976 53 MY SOLD
    swanie2017@outlook.com

Re: Blower replacement for older Cruisair units??

What specifically is the fan issue?
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

A 1984 Dayton blower on my boat was replaced with an identical Dayton part a couple of weeks ago. Sales rep Barry knew what he was talking about. Delivered to Sydney by UPS within 2 days. Great service. Have a look at www.electricmotorwarehouse.com

I think I have one.post a pic

The issue with the current fan is that it is completely dead and has been removed from the evaporator shell. I can did up the camera and post a pic a bit later but the current fan is the one that was installed as the OEM on these Cruisair systems when these old Hatts were built. The label on this current 5-blade fan states: RMR Corp. Model R22CW72A 115VAC 1100 RPM. My preference would be to upgrade to a squirrel-cage blower-type model that would screw to the existing square evaporator shell (where the SS cage of the existing fan attached).
    Steve (Risctaker)
    1976 53 MY SOLD
    swanie2017@outlook.com

Re: Blower replacement for older Cruisair units?? PICS UPOADED

here are the pics of the current (non-working fan). I have spent hours on the iNet and speaking with marine AC people. Called Graingers, Dayton, Falco, etc, etc. These fans and any reasonable substitute is no longer being produced. Nada nothing. So if any member has one or more sitting around, I will buy them. I need the round SS fan guard that mounts to the back of the evaporator as well. Thanks
    Steve
    Attached Images
    Steve (Risctaker)
    1976 53 MY SOLD
    swanie2017@outlook.com

What the heck, hoping for the best. http://www.kgpowersystems.com/news/e...FYRsfgodGlsIwg

Have you thought about having your old motor rebuilt, test the winding and armature could be the brushes. Just a thought.

Yes. Rebuilding the existing ones is definitely an option. Thanks for the link
    Steve (Risctaker)
    1976 53 MY SOLD
    swanie2017@outlook.com

This unit contains a shaded pole motor that worked with my SMXII:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't know if those specs work for you.

George
    Last edited by Reefgeorge; 06-24-2017 at 12:56 PM.
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality"