Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Almost there...

Almost there...

Well, I'll admit it's not a Hatteras, but my 56' Ocean CPMY was on Yachtworld less than 12 hours when we got the first written offer. Yesterday they did the static engine survey and this morning we hauled it out then followed up with a sea trial. Maybe 10 blisters that you have to squint to see, and we made both no load and full load RPM's during the sea trial. There were a few issues, but nothing I wouldn't expect on a 27 year old boat. Best thing is, we have three other written offers waiting to see what these folks do, and one of those three is for $6K over list. If you have a boat to sell anywhere near Daytona Beach, I'd surely recommend Mike Mahoney at Denison Yacht Sales at Halifax Harbor Marina. Once we get this settled, the fun part starts...looking for the next boat.
    Searching...
    Daytona Beach, FL

Re: Almost there...

Great time to buy and sell a MY. Congrats
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by z28jimi View Post
    Well, I'll admit it's not a Hatteras, but my 56' Ocean CPMY was on Yachtworld less than 12 hours when we got the first written offer. Yesterday they did the static engine survey and this morning we hauled it out then followed up with a sea trial. Maybe 10 blisters that you have to squint to see, and we made both no load and full load RPM's during the sea trial. There were a few issues, but nothing I wouldn't expect on a 27 year old boat. Best thing is, we have three other written offers waiting to see what these folks do, and one of those three is for $6K over list. If you have a boat to sell anywhere near Daytona Beach, I'd surely recommend Mike Mahoney at Denison Yacht Sales at Halifax Harbor Marina. Once we get this settled, the fun part starts...looking for the next boat.

Did you haul this morning at Daytona Beach marine?

A friend has a 50 ocean there I was visiting
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Did you haul this morning at Daytona Beach marine?

A friend has a 50 ocean there I was visiting
    Yep...around 8 this morning.
    Searching...
    Daytona Beach, FL

I saw her in the slings.

That's a lot of boat for that yard. Just fits in the lift.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by z28jimi View Post
    Best thing is, we have three other written offers waiting to see what these folks do, and one of those three is for $6K over list.
    Why would somebody offer over list when it's already going to survey?
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Next boat?? A Hatteras?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

SOLD!

And Sky, I wouldn't completely rule out a Hatteras, since that's what we were after originally, but if I had to guess, I'd guess we'll end up with something smaller, faster, newer.
    Searching...
    Daytona Beach, FL