Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1989 Hatteras 40DC replacement refrigerator

I need to Replace my Norcold DE 828 refrigerator on my 1989 Hatteras 40 DC. The dimensions of this refrigerator are 51 7/8 h, 23 15/16 d and 23 depth. There is a piece of molding above the fridge so I do not think I can go with a taller one. Does anybody have a recommendation of which replacement refrigerator I should buy? I just want something I can place in the existing space. I heard the Norcold replacement (DE0061)is not the way to go. I also heard the Vitrifrigo dp-2600 is a nice unit but I am concerned about the height (53.5). Thanks in advance for your input.

Re: 1989 Hatteras 40DC replacement refrigerator

I don't have an answer but do have a comment. On our 87 40DC the PO replaced with a smaller 110V unit with a dedicated 12V converter. He then paid someone to do custom wood work to close it all in. If I was the one replacing, would not do a smaller unit.

I have the identical Boat and refrigerator as you have.

My original refrigerator works really good. In fact it will sometimes freeze items on the fridge top shelf wen set at half-temperature. That being said there are a few 12 vdc / 120 vac fridge / freezer options to fit in the original space (opening) without modifying the opening.

I looked on e-Bay and there is an identical used refrigerator (Norcold DE 828) that is for sale at $450 US. Unless you are really looking for something else then this may be the best option to fit in your space. I do not know the seller or how good the fridge for sale works.

e-Bay listing as: Norcold, Boat Refrigerator, AC/DC 12 volt DE -828

Mark
    Lake of the Woods
    1989 40 DC series 1

Thanks Mark and Bob for your input. I greatly appreciate it. Charlie

Charlie...Where in NY are you located? We are at the Canadian border on Lake Champlain.

Our boat is located in Sodus Bay, between Oswego and Rochester, NY.

Charlie,

That Norcold fridge listed on e-Bay was located just outside Washington DC.

Mark
    Lake of the Woods