Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

stabilizer oil leak

FullSizeRender (1).jpgFullSizeRender.jpgall oil dumping into bilge from under the black round plate only partially visible. anything i can do to fix? tighten the allen screw? seams like a seal maybe. if not any referral. I am in Broward floirda.

Re: stabilizer oil leak

You probably need a new feedback assembly.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thank you.

When is the last time the seals were replaced? Water intrusion past the seals will force the packing grease up like that as I understand. I just had the plates that hold the seals taken off and resealed. Hard to tell from the pics for sure.

If you are sure is oil, it can only come from to parts: the hydraulic ram, because of a faulty seal, or the feedback assembly, due to the o-rings. On the other hand it might be grease, in this case it can be as they have mentioned before, due to the water pushing through the seals.

As Sky said feedback ass'y , replace the whole FB ass'y- Pat

had mike from hurricane 954-966-9966 evaluate and put in feedback assemblies on both sides. he charged 520 in parts and 1360 in labor. Thought you would like the info. He is a super nice guy. Not sure about the price but it seems in the ball park. he was there about 5 hours one day and 8 the next. Will test it this weekend. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Shayne