Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Parade of sail

Re: Parade of sail

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    There are idiots and incompetent boat handlers everywhere except on the HOF. Everyone here is a genius. Just ask them.
    You can just about bet a new shiny boat will contain an idiot. We have one of those that passes St. Johns Yacht Harbor periodically in a Leopard 43 power cat--no name on transom or state registration numbers visible. Saturday, he plowed by the marina 3 times. The third time resulted in some damages to furnishings aboard two (that I know of) smaller vessels. I know there were 911 calls. I think two of us got him on the radio (can't be certain), and he sounded three sheets in the wind. I was on the lookout for him to come back our way, but he didn't show Saturday night.

What a wonderful sight on Sunday morning with him passing in review and making no wake. I strongly suspect that was because he was made up to a TowBoatUS. Since he wouldn't answer on VHF, I got the TBUS captain on the radio and he agreed to pass on our collective sentiments. Not sure what he did to his formerly shiny boat; I can only hope it involved shafts, struts and props.

Robert Clarkson, Genious
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Re: Parade of sail

The Boston police waked the entire fleet of anchored vessels on Saturday. I politely jumped on the radio and informed him of how stupid it was. The were many boats tied together and I would not be surprised if some sustained damage.