Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Re: Flooring project

Quote Originally Posted by bobk View Post
    Way back when, my dad was making kitchen counters and used the stainless version of that trim. He had a tool specifically to cut the notch for the mitre. It was like a 'V' shaped snip. One squeeze did it. They may still be available.

Bobk
    This is different stuff. This is Schluter tile edging. Schluter also makes a great waterproofing system for showers, etc and tile floor heating
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    This is different stuff. This is Schluter tile edging. Schluter also makes a great waterproofing system for showers, etc and tile floor heating
    Don't forget their decoupling membranes! Great products from a great company!
    (years ago we had a ceramic tile division and used a ton of their products!)

I'm going out on a limb with the head polished marble. I'm not using the isolation membrane. I'm using a more flexible elastic mortar. The polished marble tiles are about 4x6 and I'm using a 1/16 grout line. Gonna have to raise the head 1/2 inch or so on a plywood base. That starts tomorrow.

Been quite a while since I was involved in installations but I would look into using Ditra w/o the additional plywood. I know everyone loves skinny grout lines but 1/8 would be much better...

Our boat has marble in all three heads as well as the salon & galley (we are galley up) with 1/16 grout lines (they did not put additional plywood down) and I have 8 or nine cracked tiles between the 3 areas.

Quite a bit of work to flush mount these pull. 2 inch Forstner to cut the flange recess, then 1 1/4 for the body recess. Then 1/2 inch chisel for the hinge mechanism. These will be fine for the access hatches, but a little small for the Genny hatch.
    Attached Images

Looks great, though.

Absolutely beautiful job. Should be very proud.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Very nice job for a VOLS fan. I didn't know guys from TN had it in em to do fine work like that!

Really does look great! I'm envious and wish I had that in my boat. I got a quote of $33k for installation and decided on carpet instead.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I just looked it up. Yes, it is different but the same miter tool would work given some care with the top edge.

Bobk

That looks great!

Did you consider centering the pull in between the holly strips?