Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Re: Flooring project

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    Since I used a silicone vapor barrier under the sheeting, I used it as a template for the complex cuts. I was impressed how square the existing carpentry was. The longest run was out about 1/4 inch in 12 feet! Not sure why Hatteras didn't hinge the generator room access hatch, but we are correcting that and adding gas struts.
    Where did you find those hinges? Cost?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

The hinges came from CP Performance. They have a nicer version now that has the gas strut built in. I bought them a while back and my recollection is they were about $100 each.

http://www.marineindustrieswest.com/Hinges.htm
    $296 for the pair. The ones with the built in gas strut are $600 for the pair.

Final panel dry fit. It's sticking up because the old hatch pull is under it. Quite a color change when the poly goes on. Tomorrow, I'll laminate the plywood and schluter edge to the fiberglass hatch with epoxy resin.
    Attached Images

Dry fit mit der schluter looks ser goot. Now to mix some resin.
    Attached Images

Now why didn't Hatteras do this! The Schluter edge gives the hatch a great finished profile, without being intrusive.
    Attached Images

That does look good. I'll have to put this on my list when it's time to do my cabin sole.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Nice! Is that aluminum or stainless?

The Schluter is polished aluminum but is availabile in stainless. It's mitred on the corners and stainless is hard to cut.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    The Schluter is polished aluminum but is availabile in stainless. It's mitred on the corners and stainless is hard to cut.
    Way back when, my dad was making kitchen counters and used the stainless version of that trim. He had a tool specifically to cut the notch for the mitre. It was like a 'V' shaped snip. One squeeze did it. They may still be available.

Bobk