Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Re: Flooring project

I'm at the point in this project, dependent on others...waiting on the carpet guy in this case..but.. another week on the stainless threshold caps, 4 to 6 weeks on the back ordered step light. 3 to 4 more weeks on the cabinetry, 8 to 10 days on countertop.. but waiting on a sub is the pits...but the plywood is in unbelievable shape for 30 years old! Anybody ever bought from Glastop Marine Furniture?
    Attached Images

Red face Re: Flooring project

PS, Randy, I can see where you spilled that beer now!

Finally got an installer! One from El Salvador, one from Guatemala! Without "illegals", this job might have been a DIY! We do need a guest worker program.. desperately.. they're doing a great job, and hard workers
    Attached Images

Carpet guy finishing up Master Stateroom. PO had carpeted over 7 hatches. 2 were access to strut mounts. 2 didn't seem to access anything, and 1 accessed support brackets for drainage lines. I covered those as well...we cut in access for the shower sump and keel water tank. New wine cooler in salon
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    Finally got an installer! One from El Salvador, one from Guatemala! Without "illegals", this job might have been a DIY! We do need a guest worker program.. desperately.. they're doing a great job, and hard workers
    I'm turning you in.

But seriously.

I have no issues getting people to work. They work hard and get paid well. The low cost laborers are hard to find because they don't make enough to live on because the market for their skills is so low from all the illegal workers.

Yes their is a large number of useless American people who won't work because they don't have to. They have almost no skills and won't learn a trade. Bringing in guest workers will not change that unless we either train them or trade them for the guest workers.

I can see a bus load of our non workers being sent to Mexico to trade for a bus load of Mexican workers all vetted and screened.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Wish low cost applied to these guys...$800 bucks, 2 guys 1 day, 1 guy, half day..Union scale..there is just so much construction work around here..nobody wants to do a boat! Great workers and worth every penny! Great point about the training..don't know where these guys learned the craft... I guess they learned ojt, or back home...but the prerequisite for any training is a motivation to learn! We're raising a generation of unemployed college graduates.

This area has been troubling. PO had some water damaged veneer, and it's a natural catch-all area. We had a piece of Corian cut to fit. The counter top below will be a complementary quartz.
    Attached Images

Reinstalling the toilet. Swapped the bronze vent loop for PVC and nylon hose barbs. 1/4 -24 barb, 3/8-24 tap. Silicone sealant
    Attached Images

Dry fit of toilet base. Used a stainless shielded rubber coupling. The PVC coupling was too tall.
    Attached Images

Top cap, #8 mirror stainless, 18 gauge, installed..last light still back ordered.
    Attached Images