Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: Flooring project

Looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    Step lights should be here today or tomorrow.. New carpet ordered for salon and master stateroom and sewing room..Masland Carpet, Urban Escape, Eclipse..
    I checked out your carpet...lovely!

My wife and I are going to replace the carpet in the master and forward staterooms on our 43' DCFB. I am going to copycat you! What are you using if anything for carpet padding!

Thanks for the quality post. Your project has inspired me!!

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

I just picked up on something from your post on the carpet, you have a sewing room. I guess we think a like when it comes to keeping the Admirals happy I too have installed a full fledged sewing room on our boat for my Admiral, some very nice work comes out of that room. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbrein View Post
    I checked out your carpet...lovely!

My wife and I are going to replace the carpet in the master and forward staterooms on our 43' DCFB. I am going to copycat you! What are you using if anything for carpet padding!

Thanks for the quality post. Your project has inspired me!!

Jon
    Funny you mention that...I agonized over the pad... I'm using a 10lb, 100% urethane memory foam pad called Healthier Choice. There were 2 types used last time, a typical 6 lb rebond, and an 8 lb waffle rubber. The rebond basically fell apart, but the rubber was in good shape after 20 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    I just picked up on something from your post on the carpet, you have a sewing room. I guess we think a like when it comes to keeping the Admirals happy I too have installed a full fledged sewing room on our boat for my Admiral, some very nice work comes out of that room. John
    My wife just got back from the American Sewing Guild Conference in Orlando... She's been sewing her entire life. She made all the soft goods on the boat, including bedding. She has a pantograph quilting machine and 8 foot rack! 10 needed embroidery machine, singer industrial walking foot upholstery machine, serger, a few Berninas, one of which is in her sewing room on the boat...on the 63, Hatteras described the room as the Owners Wife's dressing room...but my wife considers it her sewing room! Happy wife, happy life!

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    Looks great!
    Thanks, trying to keep up with the bar you set! I'd love to be spraying poly on these pieces, but not realistic in the slip.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Very impressive. Can't wait to see the final outcome.
    Thanks Dereck, the way one thing leads to another, it may never be finished! The project I did over the winter ruined the carpet, leading to this project...this project has my wife eyeballing the kitchen! It may never end..

An FYI to anyone interested... The i2 step lights I got are rated for 9 to 30 VDC.. Hooked them up today and they work fine on 32 VDC... It reminded me that even the stock Hatteras lights had some over voltage applications...namely the eyeball lights in the aft guest stateroom... The replacement bulbs spect' in the Owners Manual are 24 VDC, in a 32 VDC application!

The steps came out better than expected. Top pic was my inspiration..bottom is finished product..one light still back ordered. Stainless thresholds should be here next week.
    Attached Images

Lower steps
    Attached Images