Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Flooring project

Didn't want to hijack the other flooring thread. When I'm done, the only carpet on the boat will be the master stateroom and salon. Floor is being finished in flooring polyurethane in semigloss. In the pics, some of it is unfinished.
    Attached Images

Re: Flooring project

More pics
    Attached Images

Vapor barrier down, two section of flooring are removable to allow hatch access. The hatches are infrequently used, I didn't even know they were there until the carpet was removed.
    Attached Images

That's gonna look great!
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

What kind of pulls are you going to use on the hatches? I have a long nut and screw with a rounded head the lowers into the hatch when not in use.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

These are countersunk for a flush mount. Using cherry stair treads and cherry veneer plywood to face the risers. The carpet is just too much to keep clean. We usually have large crowds aboard.
    Attached Images

This will look great when complete- well, it already doesn. My project is far less ambitious. Can't wait to see the after photos.

Starting the mid level now. Turning the down dinette into an office area. Pics of the tunnel entrance.
    Attached Images

Working on the new office area. Cut the half wall back 15 inches to open the space up. The plywood under the booth looked brand new after 30 years!
    Attached Images

I'm learning a valuable lesson here. If you want something completed, do it yourself. Unfortunately for me, the project is out of my hands. Learning a lot, but all of it disagreeable.