Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)

Threaded View

Doing The Required Maintenance Or Service That Isn't Required But Really Is

Wonder why they put that on there? The service guy at Floscan was very helpful. I really like companies like Floscan (Wesmar to name another) that haven't decided to get rid of the people who answer the phone.

So, I had some vacuum (another post) on my port side fuel system. I've been through it all, but still had the problem. Before I started dissembling, I called Floscan. Kevin asked me how long since the cans had been changed.

IMG_8083.JPG

"Changed? Why Kevin, it says right there, 'NO Maintenance or Service Required'. You even capitalized 'NO'".

Every dark cloud has a silver lining is what my mom used to say--so true. It was during this conversation I first learned my ex-wives had been lying to me all along--I wasn't anal. Kevin told me that if "You (I) are anal, you might change the cans every three years." With great effort, I spun off the cans. I might not be anal, but that first can had been retaining quite a collection of stuff that wasn't classifiable as diesel fuel. In fact, it had stuff in there that in no way shape of form could have passed through any filter no matter how macro the micronage.

Being items that require NO Maintenance or Service, I didn't have any spares on the shelf. After rinsing with fuel and banging the cans on the dock a hundred times, I reassembled. The vacuum issue cut itself down to almost normal.

I've got a new set of cans coming. This time I believe I'll mark the date and hours on them so I'll know when they don't need maintenance or service the next time.

I am serious about one thing, though. They really are nice people to talk to.
    Last edited by racclarkson@gmail.com; 07-12-2017 at 03:59 PM.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC