Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: 53MY "Kimeric" in grasonville MD

Absolutely agree with Sky. To begin with an unmolested boat makes all the difference. Having to un-do what someone else thought was an "upgrade" is way more work.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

She was picking out new caninet hardware, i should have been more specific. I was just trying to say she was really into the boat despite the weird decor.
    Last edited by jdive; 06-13-2017 at 08:55 PM.

Can you elaborate on any of the surveyors findings? I was surprised not to find any big soft spots in the usual places even after seeing the rail stanchions on flybridge done with what looked like clear silicon. I didn't have a moisture meter so I went old school and my back still hurts.

When I went to look at it I brought a sounding hammer. Since the broker wasn't over our shoulder I tapped away. I do remember there was a couple small spots that were questionable. Possible in the front part of the flybrige seating or under the upper helm console But don't remember exactly. Hope that helps. I do remember a Rudder leaking.
    Pete. 1980 53 my. #575

Quote Originally Posted by Toolsntoys View Post
    Yes pascal I agree that the galley and the heads on these hats are dated but they are built with quality construction. My buddy also felt the same way with this boat something just didn't speak to him. When you see cabinets built with a pneumatic stapler and the ac with pvc Home Depot fittings below the water line and all the foax finishes it makes you wonder about the other systems in the boat. Personally I'm ok with changing things up but the quality needs to be first rate
    When I looked closely at the Kimeric in April of this year I was frustrated by not being shown that the systems would fire up and that the 8V71TI's and gen set would run. I missed the pvc below the water line and it points cleanly to the point that a surveyor familiar with the 53 is critical.