Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Shaft size, 65C

Re: Shaft size, 65C

I came back from Panama City to Clearwater at 11 knots. That is close to hull speed, and she fell right into the groove. A little faster, fuel went up and the waves hit a little harder. A little slower, and she felt a little sluggish. So if I am in a place where I cannot raise the bow, 11 knots is it.

Good luck with your new boat,
    Tim

When you get the 65c, where will she berth?

Tim

Let her eat! These boats are built to run. 20kts and up is the sweet spot. I tried the 10kt cruise but I never felt like the boat was running. Get her up on plane and she's a beast.
    Jack Sardina

That does beat 10 knots.

Have a great weekend.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Tales View Post
    When you get the 65c, where will she berth?

Tim
    We keep our boats at saint Simon's island, ga.

We bought her today. Yeah!!!

My wife has been wanting to cruise up that way. Maybe this fall a rendezvous. Let me know if you come this way. (Daytona Beach)

Good luck with the new girl. Please post some pics.

Also send the name of the boat, maybe I can look it up on line for some additional pics.

Have a great weekend.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Tales View Post
    My wife has been wanting to cruise up that way. Maybe this fall a rendezvous. Let me know if you come this way. (Daytona Beach)

Good luck with the new girl. Please post some pics.

Also send the name of the boat, maybe I can look it up on line for some additional pics.

Have a great weekend.

Tim
    Her name is Aquarious. Been on the market for a long time. Very dated boat. All original interior in exceptional condition. We picked her up for a song. She's been sitting and I know it will take me a year or so to work out all the possible issues from sitting. I'll pay for her next week after the survey. I did a sea trial today and all was good. She wound right up to 2300, no heat issues and she ran around 24knots. Survey starts on Monday, then I'll haul her, bottom job and replace a bunch of thru hulls and whatever else is needed.

Speed is a littke slow. What did she run at 1950? What wheels do you have? Mine tops out just shy of 27kts with a full tower. I think the 3 blade Radices make a difference.
    Jack Sardina