Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaft size, 65C

Shaft size, 65C

Anyone know if the shafts on a 1988 65'C are 3" or 3.5"

Thanks

Re: Shaft size, 65C

Almost sure it would be 3.5" But if you can supply your hull number, I can tell you for sure.

Thanks
    Doug Langley, Forum Admin
    Sam's Marine International
    http://www.samsmarine.com

Mine are 3.5 inch Aquamet 22

Tim

Thanks for your responses. I'm in the process of buying this particular boat and was pretty sure they were 3.5".

Looks like we are going to own two boats for a while. Found a sweetheart of a 65'C and just not going to pass her up. Meanwhile our 1980 55'C is nearly ready to go on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    Almost sure it would be 3.5" But if you can supply your hull number, I can tell you for sure.

Thanks
    I'd like to see a Searay owner get that response!

Nice job!!
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Welcome to the "Two Boat Owners" club. It sucks. I cannot wait to no longer be a member. I too bought a 65c before the 45c sold. This weekend I get to wash both boats. Service both boats. Run engines and gennys on both boats. Fix discrepancies on both boats. Have a diver clean both boats. Then back to work on Monday to pay for both boats. Good times. (I really do have fun)

Stay with me on the ownership. This is alot of boat to learn, love to share Ideas. Mine is a 88 with 4 stroke 8v396 MTU's. Bought mine in December, spent 4 months cruising her home. Had a blast. Now she is home, it is time to crawl into every nook and cranny to see where everything is at and how it is supposed to work.

You will love this boat.

Have a great weekend,
    Tim

"Four month ride home", that's the way to do it!!

Good luck with the new boat.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Tales View Post
    Welcome to the "Two Boat Owners" club. It sucks. I cannot wait to no longer be a member. I too bought a 65c before the 45c sold. This weekend I get to wash both boats. Service both boats. Run engines and gennys on both boats. Fix discrepancies on both boats. Have a diver clean both boats. Then back to work on Monday to pay for both boats. Good times. (I really do have fun)

Stay with me on the ownership. This is alot of boat to learn, love to share Ideas. Mine is a 88 with 4 stroke 8v396 MTU's. Bought mine in December, spent 4 months cruising her home. Had a blast. Now she is home, it is time to crawl into every nook and cranny to see where everything is at and how it is supposed to work.

You will love this boat.

Have a great weekend,
    Tim
    I told my wife we have to be a special kind of stupid to do this. Her response was, what do you mean, WE? Fortunately I will keep them side by side and she loves to wash the boat. It took me a full year to figure everything out on my 55'C. The 65' is a completely different animal. The boat I'm considering has 1292's.

I have been told by other 65 owners that they prefer the 12v's over the 16v's. Not as much top end speed, but more dependable and better on fuel. I am sure over the weekend, you will get better information than I can provide.

My 45 and 65 are side by side also, I should take a pic. Maybe start another thread like the helms and the sterns. Do a Dumb Owners with 2 Hatteras' thread see who else is out there.

Enjoy the 65. I absolutely love mine. I use it more than I thought. More cruising and rafting up than fishing. Cruising and fishing to Fort Jefferson this summer if the stars align just right.

Have a safe weekend,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Tales View Post
    I have been told by other 65 owners that they prefer the 12v's over the 16v's. Not as much top end speed, but more dependable and better on fuel. I am sure over the weekend, you will get better information than I can provide.

My 45 and 65 are side by side also, I should take a pic. Maybe start another thread like the helms and the sterns. Do a Dumb Owners with 2 Hatteras' thread see who else is out there.

Enjoy the 65. I absolutely love mine. I use it more than I thought. More cruising and rafting up than fishing. Cruising and fishing to Fort Jefferson this summer if the stars align just right.

Have a safe weekend,
    Tim
    I've always had 1271's so the 92 will be new for me. I would also shy away from any V-16. Just guzzles that much more fuel, plus extra weight etc. We generally cruise at 10 knots and will do the same with the 65'. So other than opening her up to blow out the soot, I could care less about bigger engines for speed.