Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Boat deposit sale pending - nice job, Eric!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Three days ago, before any paperwork was actually completed to list our boat for sale with Bayport Yachts, Eric Horst asked us if he could bring a couple on board on Sunday who were interested in a 53MY having looked at quite a few. We hemmed a bit since the boat was still mostly winterized but agreed and then worked Saturday to get the boat into reasonable "show-able condition.". Today the viewers made an offer, we countered, they agreed and put a deposit to purchase the boat (subject to survey/sea trial, of course). We had not planned to show the boat at all for another week or two; they were the first people to look at it. Can't ask for better broker representation than that, If anybody here wants to sell or buy a boat, talk to Eric at Bayport Yachts!!!!

Hoping the survey/sea trial - probably late next week - goes as expected. We're looking forward to the OTHER of the two happiest days in a boat owners life!
    Damn son, you better go by some lotto tickets. Good on ya.

Further proof that "The really good ones never make it to the market." is true. The pristine, top quality examples are snapped up immediately as long as they're not way overpriced.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

In the words, of Genesis: Yep.

Boat sale will close on the 28th of this month. The buyers did not request a reduction in price after the engine/boat survey though they did make it a condition that I clean the HEs before they take possession of he boat. I will pull/boil them per the DD method.

Also, FWIW, if anyone needs a DD mechanic in this area, I can't say enough good about Tom Hug! Even though he was employed by the buyer, and therefore trying to find everything WRONG with our engines, I was extremely impressed with his knowledge and skill. He was on the boat for many hours over three days. There was nothing about the engines' condition that Tom did not inspect/document.
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

Congrats on this sad day. You will be missed on this site.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Shite. I mean congratulations.

Congrats Mike & Loretta,

I second the good words about Tom Hug. He handled the engine survey for Cinderella for the buyers and I hired him twice when I was on the buying end. There's a reason he stays so busy!

Cheryl
    1985 53 ED "True North"
    Formerly:
    1971 53 MY "Cinderella"
    1970 44 MY "Bay Mariner"

Thanks! I won't be frequenting the site after we leave the boat a week from today but beyond that if anyone has a question they think I could help with, a PM would show up in my email and I'll be happy to respond.
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"