Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Boat deposit sale pending - nice job, Eric!

Three days ago, before any paperwork was actually completed to list our boat for sale with Bayport Yachts, Eric Horst asked us if he could bring a couple on board on Sunday who were interested in a 53MY having looked at quite a few. We hemmed a bit since the boat was still mostly winterized but agreed and then worked Saturday to get the boat into reasonable "show-able condition.". Today the viewers made an offer, we countered, they agreed and put a deposit to purchase the boat (subject to survey/sea trial, of course). We had not planned to show the boat at all for another week or two; they were the first people to look at it. Can't ask for better broker representation than that, If anybody here wants to sell or buy a boat, talk to Eric at Bayport Yachts!!!!

Hoping the survey/sea trial - probably late next week - goes as expected. We're looking forward to the OTHER of the two happiest days in a boat owners life!
    Last edited by MikeP; 06-06-2017 at 03:53 PM.
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

Re: Boat deposit sale pending - nice job, Eric!

Congratulations mike. I'm happy things are going as planned. I hope you stick around the forum. Your knowledge helps keep this forum alive and keeps these old girls in the water.
    Pete. 1980 53 my. #575

The stars and planets all aligned, the buyers were educated as to the available inventory, and Mike's boat is very nice. When the right boat comes along, you can't wait around.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

If I had the money I would have jumped right on it. I'm looking for one $150k or less so my max was nowhere near his asking. Funny thing was I joked around with mrs yest and said its probably already sold. Congrats to both !!!

Congratulations Mike, I hope all goes well with survey and sea trial. I would be surprised if anything negative came up.

Eric, as they say......You The Man....

Walt

This is what happens when you take care and show pride of owshownership. Congratulations
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

No surprise, honestly. Brigadoon is a gorgeous example of the 53 classic. Just an absolute peach.

Congratulations Mike.

Thanks all! Assuming a successful survey/sea trial, the sale is set to close in a couple of weeks. That's primarily due to the fact that we need that much time to figure out/arrange what we are doing with goods/storage locally and determine how we are getting our stuff and vehicles to TX.

One plus the new owners will get since we didn't anticipate the sale at the end of last season...full fuel tanks!

Maybe prior to the survey we'll take a "last ride" to St Michaels or up to Chestertown to use a little of it!
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

I would say congratulations, but I believe that you will regret selling her. There are not many old Hatts in great shape anymore. If you ever want another one, it will be nearly impossible to replace.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI