Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: 58 Tri-cabin information

For transport costs, we found from Lauderdale to Ensenada Mx. For a 53 MY $35,000, I would assume to Vancouver would add a bit probably about $8,000 would be my guess.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Thank you, was this via the Canal?

Yes, via the canal
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

I owned a 58TC and will be happy to answer any questions for you that I can. Shoot me a PM with your phone or I'll give you mine. Outside that, fire away with any more questions. As for what's under the kitchen floor, that would be not much. Your freshwater pump, a bilge pump, and a small amount of storage. I agree that it's the prettiest boat that Hatteras ever built, but as with every design, it has its pluses and minuses compared to its sisters.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I also agree that the 58TC is probably the prettiest boat ever built by Hatteras and that's really saying plenty since they are all good looking boats, especially the Hargrave designs. Unfortunately as with any boat there are compromises. The outstanding stateliness of the design is a definite plus, the crawl in engine room is a definite minus and so on, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Walt

Well the wife and I are accepting the sellers counter offer on Skyhawk. Hopefully the survey goes well. We are excited to join the Hatteras family in this cool triple cabin.

Best of luck with the survey. By coincidence, I learned of the sale from the sellers broker only yesterday when I contacted him to arrange a tour of her. After all of these months and years of lurking and researching, we are beginning our purchasing process on Monday with a trip to Anacortes and Seattle stopping in at Alameda on the way home. Skyhawks was near the top of our list and we are sure you will have many happy years with her.

Keep us in the loop 9nce it’s completed. They are fabulous Yachts.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Once. Sorry
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Don’t bother with the 58 yf in laconner. It’s a pos. Thanks and good luck.