Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: replacing the floor

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    OCD?

Pix take seconds. Typing all those words...definitely OC if not D.
    Maybe Jim uses dial up for a web connection
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

project has stalled. Haven't heard from the installer for days, doesn't answer phone calls, texts, etc. Boat is unusable because the furniture is all over the place. Not a happy outcome.

Could be worse. I had a contractor do that to my house for two years. Probably cost a lot more too.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    project has stalled. Haven't heard from the installer for days, doesn't answer phone calls, texts, etc. Boat is unusable because the furniture is all over the place. Not a happy outcome.
    So, so typical. I'm going through the same thing at my home, the cabinet re-stain has taken for four months.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    So, so typical. I'm going through the same thing at my home, the cabinet re-stain has taken for four months.
    The problem is everywhere. An electrician friend admitted to doing the same thing. When a more profitable job shows up, the least profitable one gets ignored. Even the highly rated suppliers do this.

Bobk

Depressing. Well, I am off a couple of days this week. I guess I'll just tackle it myself. No other choice.

Depressing. Well, I am off a couple of days this week. I guess I'll just tackle it myself. No other choice.
    I got in to the DIY after being dissatisfied with the QUALITY of work I was paying for. I felt I had to beg people to take my money, for an outcome that I felt I could do better myself. There are great crafts people out there, but they're hard to find and usually booked up!

This wouldn't have happened if only you'd posted some pix!

Seriously though, I learned to TIG and MIG weld aluminum and got into woodworking for the same reason. There really is an epidemic of 'don't give a damn' these days.

He's back, today. Promising to finish it up this weekend. I guess we'll see. Fingers crossed. As you know, hope is not a strategy or a plan. The backup is that I will figure out how to do it myself if he doesn't complete it.

He's back, today. Promising to finish it up this weekend. I guess we'll see. Fingers crossed. As you know, hope is not a strategy or a plan. The backup is that I will figure out how to do it myself if he doesn't complete it.
    Hey Jim. Watch him and learn in case you have to go to the back up plan.

Bobk