Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

System Monitor Exhaust Temp Alarm Beeped

Last week we took the boat for a long runs over two days to clear out the engines. About 1600rps on 12v71TIs. We don't often get the chance to spool up the turbos due to harbour environment. There was more blue smoke than Beijing on a clear day. After 15 minutes or so it all cleared.

Twice during the trip the port exhaust temp alarm beeped. To be truthful, I never even knew there was such an alarm on the panel.

Where on the engine is the sensor/switch for this? Engines were at normal temp and there was good water flow out the exhaust. Is there anything I should check?

Re: System Monitor Exhaust Temp Alarm Beeped

My 12v71ti's have switch mounted on shower head. If I remember correctly it is normally closed and opens on over temp.

Re: System Monitor Exhaust Temp Alarm Beeped

the shower head of the exhaust is correct place to look. the senders look like terminal disk. try sliding a knife blade under and pick it up a little. sometime they need to be just off the exhaust a little
    Roger Wetherington
    252-670-4819 rwetheringt@centurylink.net
    Sam's Marine
    www.samsmarine.com