Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: replacing the floor

I have installed lots of it and there adhesive is worth the price, works great and is easy to use. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Yes, the guy supervising all this said that their stuff is the way to go.

Look on line in Defender Marine, they have photos and they will send you samples. It's nice material. It probably isn't quite as nice as Amtico, but it's a lot less trouble to put in. I was on MikeP's boat last night, and the Amtico job on it is fabulous- as good as, or better than, factory, but I remember how long it took him and how much of a headache it was.

Progress on flooring- slow but sure. Tomorrow I hope to measure for the SS trim that is replacing the old battered aluminum trim. Also took the boarding ladder over today for its SS steps which will replace the teak ones.

Where are the pics?
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

I'm a bit late weighing in on this thread, but MikeP is correct regarding the potential asbestos contamination in original linoleum installed in the old Hatts. When we replaced our galley floor several years ago, I had the linoleum and the mastic analyzed for ACM. Both contained chrysotile (a common AB component) at concentration >1%, the level generally considered the minimum threshold for using some level of PPE during remediation. I'm sure Dr. Jim would agree that this stuff can be dangerous to remove and handle.

Southern Comfort
    1977 Hatteras 58YF
    Portsmouth, VA

I do agree. It's staying in there and we are not disturbing it. It is not worth the risk. If we were to take it out, I would get a company that does asbestos removal to do the work.

As to the photos, I have some, will take more today, and post when I get time.

The hatches are heavy. Anybody have some thoughts about to devide the biggest?Just a tip according to asbestos. Painting will might seal it.

No pix = didn't happen.

I DO have pix, but in case no one's noticed, we've had an upload problem lately. I also have a day job in addition to watching this forum, which I wish I could do full time, it's so much fun. AND I'm heading out to IL for my 35th anniversary med school reunion. So, when I get back, I'll post what I have. It's not done yet, but progress is being made.

Q, I am not as OCD about getting photos of it as you are, I wish I were.

OCD?

Pix take seconds. Typing all those words...definitely OC if not D.