Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Need Hull and Engine Surveyor in Ft Lauderdale area.

They are Niaid's.

Spoke to the surveyor yesterday. Bob is correct. They are foam cored with a thin FG shell designed to be sacrificial in the event of impact. Very Little risk of damage to the post or seals. Patch it and move on.

Looks like the boat is mine.

We were going back and forth on survey items. Not a lot really - about $3700.

I think I wore him down cuz owner finally said - 'If I paint the bottom do we have a deal?' Took me a millisecond to say "YES!"

He still has to repair prop & stab damage and provide good sea trial. I'm good.

There's not much worse than having an incident occur on a sea trial... You are lucky to have had such good and knowledgable yachtsmen in your corner to offer information and valid suggestions... I particularly like your compromise negotiation at the conclusion... that just makes good sense... Best of Luck...

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    Looks like the boat is mine.

We were going back and forth on survey items. Not a lot really - about $3700.

I think I wore him down cuz owner finally said - 'If I paint the bottom do we have a deal?' Took me a millisecond to say "YES!"

He still has to repair prop & stab damage and provide good sea trial. I'm good.
    Sounds good. I figured that little incident would work to your advantage as that was probably just the icing on the cake to make the owner even more motivated to move the boat. That along with the chance his insurance may go up as a result of the claim. Glad things worked out for you.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

How about the oil analysis? Clean?
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Yes, oil analysis came back very good.

Engine surveyor commented the engines are in exceptional condition for there age and hours. He said to keep the mains below 1800 rpm and they will have many more years of service.

All was not perfect though. "Evidence of minor oil leakage was observed" GASP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Sounds good. I figured that little incident would work to your advantage as that was probably just the icing on the cake to make the owner even more motivated to move the boat. That along with the chance his insurance may go up as a result of the claim. Glad things worked out for you.
    Think you are right Randy. We were going back and forth, back and forth on little survey findings. Plus the dingy motor would not start (no spark, maybe just a bad coil). We were going to get a mechanic in to diagnosis it.

He just wanted to get to yes. I had mentioned earlier that the bottom could use a fresh coat of ablative, but knew the $4290 bill for that would be on me. Owner said, He will pay for all grounding repair and a coat of bottom paint if I will accept all the other odds & ends. Worked for me. Plus now I wont have to worry about hauling the boat again for another 2 years.

Closing is tomorrow so Krush retains the title of longest duration boat shopper.

What's it been? 9 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    Closing is tomorrow so Krush retains the title of longest duration boat shopper.

What's it been? 9 years?
    It kind of depends on what start date I want to use lol. There were also times of inability to purchase due to living on other side of the world, etc.

But it ended. I was out on the boat today. Loafing at 1800rpm and 19knots.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    It kind of depends on what start date I want to use lol. There were also times of inability to purchase due to living on other side of the world, etc.

But it ended. I was out on the boat today. Loafing at 1800rpm and 19knots.
    Slow?? My WOT is 18 Kts, favorite cruise = 8.2 @ 1000 RPM.

Bobk