Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
If the bigger Hats back there are selling like they are out west where I am, you can look today and the boat will probably still be for sale 5 years from now and at a lot lower price. We looked at a really nice 70 cockpit that is not priced to bad but has been on the market for at least3 years with no offers. Looks like everyone wants the newer styled Sea rays etc. John
This is what brought us back to the market. We had seriously considered a major boat purchase about 9 or 10 years ago, but the value for dollar was not there. It sure seems to be there now! The bow-wows are down below $100k and good boats seem to be available between $250k and $350k. I am assuming that any boat listed for more than a couple of years can be had for less than listed price.......

Fortunately, SWMBO has a soft spot for the traditional style of the Hatteras as do I. We also are partial to the PNW cruisers such as those by Ed Monk Jr and Art Defever. Given the age of the vessels in question, having the right equipment and the right owner may have more influence on our choice than the original builder. I am thinking that it's all about the survey!