Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Fuel Injector service

Any advice on who to use for fuel injector service once I remove them from my MAN mechanical 8's?

Thanks,

George
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality"

Re: Fuel Injector service

Ask Derek (avenger)

He knows about that kind of stuff.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Derek is the man!

Here on the East coast Diesel Injection of Martin County are the best. Ask for John, (772) 283-8999

Quote Originally Posted by Mike36c View Post
    Here on the East coast Diesel Injection of Martin County are the best. Ask for John, (772) 283-8999

Thank you, I will give John a call.

George
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality"

Anybody taken MAN injectors out? Most people are talking about collars with retaining bolts into the block that you remove after the fuel lines come off. These look more like a collar ring around the injector that threads into the block that needs a spanner of some sort.

Thanks,

George
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

Thank you for the recommendation, John was easy to work with and very responsive on every single call I made to him. I have not run the boat yet at full tilt but the injectors are working great at lower RPM's (completely solved my low RPM smoking condition) and his pricing was very fair.

George
    Last edited by Reefgeorge; 06-25-2017 at 10:24 AM.
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

I have one minor fuel leak at one injector that is giving me fits trying to fix. I still can't tell if its the fuel feed union or the side mounted compound return attachments. Does anyone know the proper torque value for a 17mm metal fuel line union nut so I can check my tightening force? Related items suggest 15 - 21 ft lbs. Next week I will take a closer look to get it fixed completely but I have to move the boat today. I have already loosened, turned washers and retightened and that helped but did not completely solve the problem.

Thanks,

George
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

I want to thank you for your recommendation. John was very responsive, his pricing was fair and the rebuilt injectors work great from idle to full load.

George
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's