Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Re: Fuel Injector service

Here's what my injector fuel line connectors look like.

George
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Reefgeorge; 07-05-2017 at 08:13 AM.
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality"

Inspection of the leaking fitting did not show any cracking or burrs. Since I finally got a hold of the MAN spec for torque at the hex nut for the high pressure supply connection to the injector I reseated that one and was surprised at how much torque was required to get the fitting rotated 30 degrees after seating. Most of my experience is in copper connections such as for refrigeration and not steel to steel such as here so hopefully I just did not use enough persuasion on these connections. Hopefully we can do another sea trial this weekend and try to button this up. If not I may be forced to buy the line set(s).

George
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality"

I am almost leak free after reseating these fittings and using the force appropriate for steel flares. I just have to access two more connections after the engines cool down and I can remove the schtuff thats preventing access.

I also found that if the pipe has a bias you have to straighten it out and wiggle it as you seat it with the flare nut to get good, even contact. Then crank away using light contact plus 30 degrees.

George
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

Quote Originally Posted by Mike36c View Post
    Here on the East coast Diesel Injection of Martin County are the best. Ask for John, (772) 283-8999
    I want to thank you for your recommendation. John was very responsive, his pricing was fair and the rebuilt injectors work great from idle to full load.

George
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's