Quote Originally Posted by nautibake View Post
When we were in Pensacola (closing on our 58MY) last year there was a derelict (unfortunate) 52 sitting near us in the yard. Maybe it is the same boat? We befriended the reluctant owners (who also own the yard services company) and they even drove down to SW FL from PCola and spent a long weekend with us last year on Sea Joy (with their 3 cats). Anyway, I pinged them and they do have this boat for sale. I tried to persuade them to keep it and make it a once in a lifetime opportunity, but they just want to find a new home for her. I got their permission to post the basics here (I'll put a link to the for sale since it seems there is a precedent for listing something for a friend). This is what they sent me:

Hatteras 52’ - $45,000
Project boat with over $60k already invested. Remanufactured engines (2014) still on shipping skids. New 21kw Phasor Generator (2011) already installed and routinely started. Bottom stripped and ready for fresh paint. Currently stored at Troendle Marine (yacht repair facility) in Pensacola Florida.

Year Built: 1986
Hull Number: HATCS391C686
Length (ft): 51.6
Hull Depth (ft): 9.6
Hull Breadth (ft): 15.7
Gross Tonnage: 52
Net Tonnage: 41
Engine 1:
Make: Detroit
Model: 8V92TA
Fuel: Diesel
Engine Power: 600 hp
Engine 2:
Make: Detroit
Model: 8V92TA
Fuel: Diesel
Engine Power: 600 hp

The engines were remanned and dyno tested by Kennedy Engines in Biloxi. Yes they have the receipts. Boat's been on the hard for about 7 years.

Mike B, if you would like their contact info, please let me know. Also here are some pics (I'm sure they would be happy to provide more with interior, etc).
Good luck...
Jerry

Attachment 22436

Attachment 22437

Attachment 22438
Funny this thread popped up. This is the boat we bought! She is already back in the water, first seatrial scheduled for next weekend!!