Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for project boat in florida

Hi, looking for project Hatteras 50 to 60 foot older the better.Please text 772-267-1801 if you know of anything.....

Re: Looking for project boat in florida

48 foot yacht fish might be the one. A few feet short but take a look.

I think there is a 52 that hit a pole and sank in Pensacola in the ship yard off Myrick st. its a big project.I don't think it sold but it could have.
    Bob

I guess I should re-phrase. I am looking for a Hatteras motor yacht from 48 to 60 foot. Under 100k looking for more of a cash deal or short owner financing. Fixer upper is good.....any thoughts out there? We have a sea Ray now for sale looking to go bigger and into a Hatteras for live a board purposes....

Look on yachtworld, there are a couple of 53 my for sale under $100,000 and a couple of more listed over $100,000 that would probably sell for close to that. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by BOATER BOB View Post
    I think there is a 52 that hit a pole and sank in Pensacola in the ship yard off Myrick st. its a big project.I don't think it sold but it could have.
    Bob
    When we were in Pensacola (closing on our 58MY) last year there was a derelict (unfortunate) 52 sitting near us in the yard. Maybe it is the same boat? We befriended the reluctant owners (who also own the yard services company) and they even drove down to SW FL from PCola and spent a long weekend with us last year on Sea Joy (with their 3 cats). Anyway, I pinged them and they do have this boat for sale. I tried to persuade them to keep it and make it a once in a lifetime opportunity, but they just want to find a new home for her. I got their permission to post the basics here (I'll put a link to the for sale since it seems there is a precedent for listing something for a friend). This is what they sent me:

Hatteras 52’ - $45,000
    Project boat with over $60k already invested. Remanufactured engines (2014) still on shipping skids. New 21kw Phasor Generator (2011) already installed and routinely started. Bottom stripped and ready for fresh paint. Currently stored at Troendle Marine (yacht repair facility) in Pensacola Florida.

Year Built: 1986
    Hull Number: HATCS391C686
    Length (ft): 51.6
    Hull Depth (ft): 9.6
    Hull Breadth (ft): 15.7
    Gross Tonnage: 52
    Net Tonnage: 41
    Engine 1:
    Make: Detroit
    Model: 8V92TA
    Fuel: Diesel
    Engine Power: 600 hp
    Engine 2:
    Make: Detroit
    Model: 8V92TA
    Fuel: Diesel
    Engine Power: 600 hp

The engines were remanned and dyno tested by Kennedy Engines in Biloxi. Yes they have the receipts. Boat's been on the hard for about 7 years.

Mike B, if you would like their contact info, please let me know. Also here are some pics (I'm sure they would be happy to provide more with interior, etc).
    Good luck...
    Jerry

52 Hatt.jpg

Hatt 52 C 1.jpg

Hatt 52 C.jpg
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Also a few feet short, but if a 1972 44 ft Tri-Cabin (two cabin version with flybridge) would work, please give me a PM. The boat is located in Miami.

Jerry that ones a good project boat for some one as it already has a lot of work done.Over on the east side of the yard there are a few more projects for sale.
    Bob

What about the 48 MY that was the subject of a thread here a while back? Randy knows the owner of that one, I think.

Find a boat yet? Might have a lead on a 53 i believe. South west fl