Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Necessity of Traps on Boat Sinks

Every bit of methane.

Spell check sucks
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Great. So once we get into this hydrogen fueled world that all the bunny-huggers dream of engines will be emitting more what? Tell me it's not a plot.
    The problem with the alternate energy sources like H2 or electricity is you have to make the stuff. That takes at least as much energy as you get. So how do you make it cleanly???? Hydro? Nope, we have about maxed that out. Nuclear?? Nope, we don't want more of them. What's left? Solar? Great idea, cover the earth in solar panels with the gubmnt subsidizing them.... Well, I'm about out of good ideas. Think I'll go boating. Oh, that'll release more CO2 and H2O. So where did that come from originally?? Plant life? Ahh, so plants were taking greenhouse gases out of the atmosphere and storing it as oil? All we are doing is returning to an earlier state.

How the heck did I get here from sink traps?

Bobk
    Last edited by bobk; 03-25-2017 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by risctaker View Post
    They will come in handy when your significant other drops the 2 caret ring down the drain. Other than that, you are correct.
    A lot cheaper to keep the trap!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by risctaker View Post
    They will come in handy when your significant other drops the 2 caret ring down the drain. .
    If my wife drops a 2 caret diamond ring down the drain, the first thing I'm going to do is ask her who the heck gave it to her!
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

Somehow, now, I wish I hadn't asked.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

No Bob, you shouldn't feel bad about it. Were it not for you, I'd never known that I was unwittingly creating a path for spiders to take over my boat. I'll tell you one thing, though. If I do find any spiders in my traps I'm having them autopsied to check for CO poisoning.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

You've got to love this forum.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I see your spiders and raise you...cockroaches.

Last year I was cleaning the drain screens in the aft head sink in my Commander when a giant cockroach scurried up into the sink after I removed the screen. I sprayed that sucker back down the drain, then flushed it with scalding hot water. I made sure all of the drain screens were in place after that. Traps would also solve that problem, and I plan to use them on my Roamer.

Did the giant, godzilla like, insect show any signs of lethargy are other symptoms indicating exposure to harmful levels of carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide or methane gas? What do you estimate the temperature was of the scalding hot water, and did the drain swirl in a clockwise or counter clockwise direction?
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Fortunately, here in CT, cockroaches are only found in the more liberal environs.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau