Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wilcox seabrace stabilizers

Hi all, I have scoured the Internet trying to find a cross reference part number for seabrace servo motors. It is my understanding that they are Mercedes windshield wiper motors. I can't seem to find out any more information. Does anyone have a part number? Or a model number of the car that The motor fit?
    NO TIES1988 68' MYFort Lauderdale

Re: Wilcox seabrace stabilizers

Try calling Danny Beckter at 954-494-9503 or 904-660-9328
    He is a former employee with Seabrace and was extremely helpful... He talked me through my repair with text and pictures.. see my
    Posting under docs holiday

Thanks! I spoke to Danny this morning. What a nice guy! The bad news is that the motor is no longer available anywhere. I am exploring a retrofit option and perhaps having a new gear made for my existing motor.

If you know what vehicle the motor fit, maybe you could find a used one in a junk yard.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

How about if you take the motor off the other side and take it to an electric motor repair shop. They might be able to fix the bad one or match the good one.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

Thanks guys. The spur gear in the motor is stripped. The motor is ok other than that. If I could figure out what actual vehicle the motor fit I could possibly figure out a fix. Perhaps someone out there has a solution.

I've got a set as well and have been told that they were GM parts not Mercedes... but that was from a guy who I had do some work on the electronics side.

I'm going to be doing shaft seals on them this year... not looking forward to that.
    Shawn
    58 MY

Quote Originally Posted by sandspur1966 View Post
    I've got a set as well and have been told that they were GM parts not Mercedes... but that was from a guy who I had do some work on the electronics side.I'm going to be doing shaft seals on them this year... not looking forward to that.
    How did the seal replacement go?

I've seen the video. They're Saginaw power steering boxes, similar to the one on my pickup truck. I actually thought it was a pretty clever design.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    I've seen the video. They're Saginaw power steering boxes, similar to the one on my pickup truck. I actually thought it was a pretty clever design.
    I agree with clever design description. What video are you referring to?