Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

We just closed on our new-to-us 58MY!

We just closed on our 1979 58MY! Is there a secret handshake we get to learn now?!

After a few months of searching for a 53-58 on the east coast, we fell in love with a 58MY in Fort Lauderdale. It was previously known as "Roto-X", and more recently, "Seas The Moment."

We plan to dock her in Philadelphia, and unfortunately, we will not have time to make the trip until late April. In the mean time, we are having some minor repairs done, changing the impellers, etc.

We are keeping her at the brokerage until the end of the month but need to find a new home for the next two months. Does anyone know of a private slip for rent in the Fort Lauderdale area? I am amazed at the prices at the marinas. More then 3 time what we pay up in the Delaware/Chesapeake area.

This will be our first time traveling up the coast of Florida and the south east. Does anyone have suggestions for favorite inlets / marinas? Places to avoid?

We plan to stay mostly on the outside and travel no more than 5-8 hours a day, then come inside to dock/anchor, and explore the local communities. We are in no particular hurry to get back to Philly, and expect to spend at least a month on the trip.

In any case, we are thrilled to become part of the Hatteras family!

Re: We just closed on our new-to-us 58MY!

Congratulations and let the adventure begin. I'm from ct so I can't answer any of your questions. I hope all goes well on your maiden voyage. Pete

Congrats !!! Hit me up,when your in philly. Where are you keeping it ?

Check out dock finders. Dockage behind a home is about half the price of a marina. They just found me dockage for a 70 footer that's for sale in ftl for $1400 plus power. Owner was paying $3300 at a marina

Www.dockfinders.com
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter53 View Post
    Congrats !!! Hit me up,when your in philly. Where are you keeping it ?
    I am keeping at Penns Landing Marina, by the Moshulu. I was at Neshaminy with my previous boat but they can't handle anything larger than 50 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Check out dock finders. Dockage behind a home is about half the price of a marina. They just found me dockage for a 70 footer that's for sale in ftl for $1400 plus power. Owner was paying $3300 at a marina

Www.dockfinders.com
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

Congratulations and welcome to the family and hopefully the last yacht you will want to buy. We have a 1979 53'. I know there are lots of questions and we are here to help you thru them. The secret hand shake starts by reaching into your back pocket and pulling out some cash. LOL, seriously congratulations. What ever you do, don't throw anything out unless you know exactly what it is for. Please reach out.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

PS, please update your profile and add some photos.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

If you are coming through the Chesapeake, let me know if you are coming through Annapolis; dinner on me for any HOF members coming through. Have a good trip.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    If you are coming through the Chesapeake, let me know if you are coming through Annapolis; dinner on me for any HOF members coming through. Have a good trip.
    We will definitely let you know. Annapolis is one of our favorite places. We usually stay at Yacht Basin, or the City Marina. Thanks.