Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 53 my

Hybrid View

53 my

Reluctantly parting with my 53 after 26 years.Has 871 N power with isuzu driven 15 kw generator.Located in Chester Ct, covered on dry land storage.E mail is jhnw@comcast.net, phone 860 767 0600

Been kept in fresh water on the Ct River for past 22 years on a mooring

Looking for new owner to care for her and enjoy boating as much as I have.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Woody Wheeler; 02-23-2017 at 12:55 PM.

Re: 53 my

I also have a 53my in Chester. Small world. Yours must be the one seen in Hamburg cove a few times I will forward your info to a friend who is thinking of buying a 53 Pete

I just realized I have a photo of your boat from last summer. Did you install the fiberglass window frames. I see your frames are white

Quote Originally Posted by Toolsntoys View Post
    I also have a 53my in Chester. Small world. Yours must be the one seen in Hamburg cove a few times I will forward your info to a friend who is thinking of buying a 53 Pete
    Thanks for the help. My window frames are the old aluminum which were painted when I bought SIT

Yes SIT is the 53 my which was been moored in Hamburg since 1994.great,safe place !

How much are you asking for the boat and how about posting some pictures and details.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Only pictures I have are with family and friends and there is about a foot of snow that is hindering any boat visits at the moment to take more appropriate photos

I bought Somewhere in Time in 1991.l was told to go look her over and make an offer which I did.I then owned a 53 without any hassle whatever. There was no survey either.She came into the boat yard on her own power and I figured she would therefore be able to leave on her own power, which she did.I would like to sell her the same way but may be eventually forced to set a price.

I know this odd but being me an offer

Hope you don't mind but I have a pic of your boat
    Attached Images

Talking Re: 53 my

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Wheeler View Post
    Only pictures I have are with family and friends and there is about a foot of snow that is hindering any boat visits at the moment to take more appropriate photos

I bought Somewhere in Time in 1991.l was told to go look her over and make an offer which I did.I then owned a 53 without any hassle whatever. There was no survey either.She came into the boat yard on her own power and I figured she would therefore be able to leave on her own power, which she did.I would like to sell her the same way but may be eventually forced to set a price.

I know this odd but being me an offer
    Is the boat stored at the Chester Marina? I used to slip my 32 Pacemaker at Ferry Point back in '88-'92. I'm less than an hour drive from Chester and might be interested. When would you be available to meet at the boat?

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Byresch View Post
    How much are you asking for the boat and how about posting some pictures and details.
    No asking price.You know the prices better than I do. Insured for 150,000

I bought mine with no survey. First boat I'd ever bought. It can not only save you money on the survey it can make an owner willing to sell cheaper.

But as Sky said, on boats...they almost have to have been out of the water recently in order to insure it.
    Last edited by dcate; 02-18-2017 at 08:04 PM.